Female Bunny running around me / snorting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dempsey

Reaction score
Hello!

My bunny, Dempsey, runs around or near me when I enter the room, and also snorts? I read this was a sign of aggression, but I'm not sure this is the case. She doesn't seem scared or mad, she seems playful. She kind of does these little head shakes too. Please help!

Is she nipping you or rubbing her chin on you? Is she desexed and if so are there other animals in the house?

snuffles .... build of bacteria in the nose ( could use salina nose drops ), that's if that's the case with the little one

How old is Dempsey? This is generally a coming of age thing. Your bun is courting you. Even though it is true that females can mimic the actions of a male, (seen this firsthand as we have a female that sprays), It was more my experience with my male, this circling and honking and head shaking. A vet visit is in order to get your bun spayed or neutered.

Is she nipping you or rubbing her chin on you? Is she desexed and if so are there other animals in the house?

No, she doesn't bite me. Ever. Unless i'm in her way, and she has pushed me with her nose a couple of times.

She doesn't rub her chin on me either.

The bunny rescue I adopted her from told me she is spayed!

How old is Dempsey? This is generally a coming of age thing. Your bun is courting you. Even though it is true that females can mimic the actions of a male, (seen this firsthand as we have a female that sprays), It was more my experience with my male, this circling and honking and head shaking. A vet visit is in order to get your bun spayed or neutered.

We aren't sure. She was rescued from the streets, so we can only guess. Maybe a year or two old. Dempsey has a dewlap, so we're guessing she's mature??? She is spayed.

Latest posts

Back