Feeding time violence???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet23

Reaction score
Alright, i dont know if it's something hormonal going on with her but now every time i feed Jezz she gets all protective of her space. As soon as I put her pellets in her dish I have to make sure i dont move anything else while my hand is in her house or she'llbite me! I know she's a pellet junkie, but honestly this is getting ridiculous. It's only when I feed her though, little butt-head, lol. It's been going on for a while, is there a way I can try to reverse this bad habit?

What is her age? 4-6 months is usually when their hormones kick in and they can become aggressive.

She is trying to be more dominant over you and she's saying "hey, back off this is mine not yours".
It has happened once before with my girl Jenni.
You could always try leaving your hand in there(wear a glove or something to help stop the bite from being painful). She might stop that behaviour.

I often find Jenni the dominant rabbit will nip Oreo(bonded friend) and Oreo will run off.

I would say it's dominance over anything else.
Could be hormones too. :p

Ya its definately a dominance thing, she's been spayed for almost a year so it aint hormones, lol. Ill try what you said and not let her run me off, I just built her a big NIC-like cage so she cant run me out when Im sitting there :)

Solara used to be all aggressive when I reached my hand in her cage. She'd grunt and try to bite me. But I just ignored it and just stroked her head. She has stopped, and only lets out a faint grunt (if that). I hope Jezz stops her food aggression soon! D:

butsy does that but just with my mom !. its to funny, butsy seriously hate my mom, i have no clue why !!. she has never bitten me, or anyone else . i wonder why

wearing a glove, try putting food in then move a few things around, then put them back, sort of letting the bun know that it's nothing. do it every time (use gloves!!). it will become part of the norm and the bun should let off.

Latest posts

Back