Feeding bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrishaC

Reaction score
My rabbit is a rescue so I just had grabbed any food a pet store.

Is LM animal farms bonanza gourmet diet ok. I says high fiber alfalfa and timoth hay formula vitamin and mineral fortified omaga-6fatty acids and antoxidants
crude protein 13.5%
Phosphorus .53%
crude fat 4%
Salt .22%
crude fiber 16%
moisture12%
calcium .47%
vitamin A 5000 units
vitamin D 500 units
Vitamin E 50 units
omega 6 fatty acids 1.6
http://www.petco.com/product/3120/LM-Animal-Farms-Bonanza-Gourmet-Diet-Rabbit-Food.aspx

Is it ok for now as she had been living on rye bread and grass in their yard where I got her from. She is on the thin side. Or is a great food to feed her all the time.

Something like that is okay if the rabbit needs to put on a little weight, but not for a prolonged period of time.

You want to look for something high in fiber (18% is good, but higher than 18% is better) and low in fat (only 1-2%). Oxbow is a very trusted brand, even Kaytee would be okay.

Sure thing! The best thing to do is to avoid any sort of rabbit food that has nuts or seeds or colorful pieces in it. A rabbits diet doesn't really call for those types of things. All you should look for is a basic pellet. If you're only option is PetCo (I have one by my house and they don't carry Oxbow), then I would by the large sack of Kaytee pellets. I think they come in 5 lbs, 10 lbs, and 20 lbs sacks. They aren't the absolute BEST quality, but they are the best thing that PetCo sells.

I have tried carrots, butternut squash and a strawberry over the past two weeks and she did not like any of them. She likes the lettuce that looks like a dandelion leaf and romaine lettuce. She does like pumpkin seeds that are in that food I bought. It is the first thing she eats. Good thing there is usually only one or two in the mix or she would eat nothing else.

I found the food bags of Oxbow ( when the other bag gets low I will mix the two so she will get used to the new stuff ) and the Oxbow Timothy hay.

Wow you can see the better quality of the Oxbow Timothy hay than the other one I purchased more hay than little bits and dust. Ebony went nuts when I put it in the pen. She kept rubbing her chin all over it and making these sweet little noises.

Thanks again!

Latest posts

Back