Feed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know more pet people give their rabbits free feed.

Since my rabbits are shown I have to maintain their weight, so anyrabbits over 6 months get 1/2c. of pellets a day. Under 6 months getsfree feed, and so do rabbits with litters.

~Nichole

I really think it depends upon yourrabbit. If they are piggies then I wouldn't allow them tohave unlimited pellets but timothy hay is fine.

Bo is good about not overeating his pellets. I usually makesure he has a few at least, but about 1/4 to 1/3 cup is what he getsput in his bowl on a daily basis. He usually has some leftover also.

He gets a salad at night and some treats, but we are trying to eliminate some of those that the little girl is giving him :X

I use 1oz. pellets per pound of body weight as ageneral rule. (4oz=a quarter cup) of course, every rabbit isa little different and feeds need to be adjusted to suiteindividuals. fat bunnies aren't healthy, though.:)Feel his backbone, if you can feel the vertabraebumps easily but they don't jut out or aren't sharp then he probably isa healthy weight

Daisy is still a baby so shegets unlimited pellets for the next 2 months then she will get 1/4 cupper 5 lbs. They also get unlimited hay and lots ofveggies. (Daisy has been on veggies from day 1 because herbreeder had already started her.)

the 3 rabbits i have here wont touch pellets at all they just leave them so i buy a mix that doesnt include them

but i never know how much i am ment to feed them was told the scoops that i have about 3/4 of it twice a day

plus i give them fresh veg and fruit at lunch time wit a small handfull of fruit rabbit mix

but was told yesterday by the breeder that sold them to us that i wasntfeeding them enough but wasnt sure how much i should feed the

Hi A Loves Bunnies

The Supa Rabbit Excel made by Burgess is the best rabbit feed you cangive them. It's not those shiny greenish pellets that get sold a lotwhich very few rabbits like. They're short dark brownpelletswhich have got all the right stuff in them, I've not come across arabbit which didn't like those ones.

It wasn't on display in my pet shop but I asked about it and theyproduced it from a corner, if your shop doesn't have it they should beable to order it for you very easily. It costs about £13.60 a bag and abag lasts me just over a month with five rabbits on unlimited feed.

If your shop sells it then you can also buy it by the kilo to break the price up.

Burgess also do a Junior Rabbit Excel for rabbits under six months.

The stuff with flakes and bits and stuff is pretty much junk food forrabbits without much goodness in it so it's worth swapping over, but doit slowly, mixing in more and more of the new feed each day.

The fruit mix should only be given in really small amounts because it'sso high in sugar which is bad for rabbits, but the veg is great :D.

As your boys are still young they can be on unlimited feed :p.

Kate

hi

those black /brown pellets are the ones that i was feedingthem and they just wont eat them they were mixed in with thefood i buy

and those just kept being left on the plate

so now i buy it with out them and they seem to eat it better

but they still dont seem to be putting on weight

and ive been told at least one is just not eating enough

is there any way i can feed them up

they have food down on plates on floor all the time never with out it

i have never heard of black oiled sunflower seeds but ill have a look today when i go shopping

how much oat meal should i add to there food as i have 3 of them

Over here in the UKthe good rabbitpellets are definitely brown :). No idea why. Rabbits will often leavethe pellets till last in a mixed feed which is why it's a good ideajust to give them the pellet only feed.

I don't measure it when I give my rabbits oats, but probably abouta dessert spoon each.

Kate

I give each of my buns about a half a tablespoon (or less) of oats once a day.

I have to use a full tablespoon to measure it because the buns all tryto get at it before I can get it to their dish and they push at my handthe whole time I'm trying. Benji sometimes gets so excited that hemakes me spill most of it.

:~) Jim

Latest posts

Back