feed storage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybug15

Reaction score
hi everyone

i have a problem with my feed. i can not keep the earwigs out of it! iwas wondering how some of you store your feed. right now i just keep itin a rubbermaid garbage can.

also, i have a bee and spider problem. if i move my bunns, can i spray there and move them back there a few days later?

any information given will be much appretiated.

thank you all!

Can you keep it in something sealable? Like alarge tupperware container. Or several. If they can't get into it youshouldn't have a problem. Just anything with an airtight seal willsolve it.

thanx

i was thinking about these sealed containers that we get at work that these salads come in.

if i wanted to make things more time consuming, i suppose i could buythe biggest sealing baggies i could find and separate my feed when ibuy it and put all the baggies back in my garbage can! that would takesome time

amyways, thanx again

I use the galloon size Ziploc bags foreverything. I sea mix of two feeds which is 100 pounds of pellets andit only takes me about 15 minutes to get it done.

You can go to Walmart and buy a storage tote for next tonothing. I have one that holds 25 pounds of pellets and it was onlylike $4.00.

Tina

thank you

i never even though t of using those storage things, heck i use them for everything else!

i will go to wallmart this week and see if i can find something

jay

I keep my food in 10 gal. storagebins. That only holds about 1/4 of my food. LikeTina, I mix 2 kinds, so I have 100 lbs at a time. The restgoes into 5 gal buckets and into my chest freezer in thebasement. I wouldn't know what to do without thatfreezer. I have ferret, rabbit and rat food in there as wellas my frozen water bottles.

Jen

For your spider and bee problem...I have one aswell. I just remove the buns for the day and spray the heckout of everything...cage included. When I am satisfied thatthe yucky bugs and bees are gone, I rinse the cages good with thepressure washer. I put the rabbits back when the cages aredry.

If you aren't spraying the cages and just spraying the area, I don'tsee a problem with you waiting a few days to put the rabbitsback. If in doubt and you are worried, you could just washthe cages with soap and water before putting them back. :)

Latest posts

Back