Feed Options

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SNM

Reaction score
As of now, my darlings are on purina chow(green bag) .We haven't had any problems out of it. I know there is something out there that is better.They seem to stay in molt forever.They live in climate controlled shed so weather isn'tan issue. I've researched all possible feeds, I just need some honest opinions and experiences to make my decision

I used to use Nutrena Naturewise, everyone did great on that, then I swtiched to Manna Pro- Proi formula and still everyonelooks great(moved states, no one would bring in the Nutrena Rabbit) and now I"m on the Purina green bag and I haven't had any problems with it. I only switched to the Purina when TSC ran out of the Manna Pro.

I've heard bad things about nutrena.. guess it has something to do with the breeds and location. When all of you switched to the feeds you have now did you see any improvements?
I'm leaning towards purina show or manna pro

I noticed that when I looked through all the feeds. The "show" formulas have about the same percentage of fat.
Thanks for the advice

I use MannaPro for my guys, and really like it. It's nice too because I also use their MannaGro formula for the milking doe and litter... very easy transition since it's basically the same. I've had no issues, and my rabbits usually have a great coat.

Blaze_Amita wrote:
I used to use Nutrena Naturewise, everyone did great on that, then I swtiched to Manna Pro- Proi formula and still everyonelooks great(moved states, no one would bring in the Nutrena Rabbit) and now I"m on the Purina green bag and I haven't had any problems with it. I only switched to the Purina when TSC ran out of the Manna Pro.

That is what I ment. Mine are on Nutrena Naturewise. It's 18% protein and all my guys look great and do great on it.

Toss up between Manna and Purina. I'll guess I'll try them both out and see which one fits the best

AndersonsRabbits wrote:
Blaze_Amita wrote:

That is what I ment. Mine are on Nutrena Naturewise. It's 18% protein and all my guys look great and do great on it.

Nutrena Naturewise Premiumis 16%, Nutrena NaturewiseProformance is 18%.

I forgot about the difference in protein levels. Mine didn't do so well on the Proformance, mine did better on the Premium surprisingly.All of my rehomes, rescues and project buns didtheir best on the Premium. I'm contemplating talking to TSC in Morehad to see if they can bring in my rabbit food so I can get my hollands back on it, but they are doing great on the manna pro so I dont want to change a thing.

But yes, you'll have to try and see. If you're already on the green bag, take a small control group of a few of your herd and switch them over to the Manna Pro-Pro and see if it works. If it does, start switching the rest of the herd.

Blaze_Amita wrote:

But yes, you'll have to try and see. If you're already on the green bag, take a small control group of a few of your herd and switch them over to the Manna Pro-Pro and see if it works. If it does, start switching the rest of the herd.
You read my mind. I was gonna start our MR first and Frosty(our HL) since they're all show.EspeciallyFrosty becuase he looks horrible in molt .I'm finding I'm pretty lucky with my feeds. TSC has nutrena,manna, and purina. There's also a Purina Mills store around Shreveport I plan on going to Friday

I am not sure if this is an option, but I get my feed some a local miller. I like the fact that it is local and comes from grass and grain from around my area, and I like the fact that it is fresher. I have had great results with my Flemish using such feed and have out grown Flemish from the same litter on other feed

Latest posts

Back