FedEx FYI / warning.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
If you are going to receive a package from FedEx and you receive a shipment confirmation to your email, you CANNOT use that link to request your package(s) be held at a FedEx location for you. If you wish have your packages held, you

must CALL FedEx.

There is a link on you FedEx shipment confirmation that says something to the effect of " if you are not going to be home to receive your packages and would like your packages held please click here". When you click on this link and enter your required information you will always get an a response that looks something like this " This service is not available for your package contact customer service".

The " This service is not available for your package contact customer service". is confusing because it looks like there is no way to have your packages held. This what I thought when I saw that message. I thought when I did call customer service that they will just give me the run around to why my package cannot be held because the holidays are ultra busy.

With my first package I thought there was no way to have my package held so I took an early out from work just to be home in time to meet the Fedex guy. A friend at work told me that I must call them to have my packages held.

I did have my subsequent packages held.

If you DONT call and have your packages held when you are not home to receive your package, the FedEx guy will just leave the package (whatever it is regardless of value) right outside your door .

In the holiday season, there are people following delivery trucks and stealing items left unattended at peoples front door.

FedEx should never deny having a package to be held at a FedEx Office. =/ Glad you eventually figured it out.

Oh and it can take up to 24hrs to get to the location you are asking it to be held at. You might have mentioned that :) already.

The driver won't leave it at the door if a signature is required upon delivery, so that is always handy. Some drivers also won't leave it if they don't feel the area isn't secure.

Back