Fecals turning whitish in color...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
If fecals turn whitish--or form a whitish coating--does that indicate any sort of gut imbalance?

I've noticed that when I allow a lesser used litter box go several days without being scooped, some of my one Mini Rex's fecals turn whitish in color.

My other Mini Rex's fecals--also in the same box for the same time length--simply become more dry and, thus, turn a bit lighter in color. But they don't look whitish. They simply turn a lighter brown.

Thank you,

Jenk

This is normal :)

I see it all the time with my buns
The bun is pooping and urinating at the same time and the whitish color is really just the excreted calcium from the urine getting on the poops.

angieluv wrote:
This is normal :)

I see it all the time with my buns
The bun is pooping and urinating at the same time and the whitish color is really just the excreted calcium from the urine getting on the poops.

Someone else beat you to the answer, and the mystery has been solved. :biggrin2:

What I find ironic is that in all the time I've kept a close watch on my crew's fecals, it's only in the last few weeks that I've found any "frosted" ones. LOL

Hehe they look funny. :) First time I saw them I was like what the *e*l

JadeIcing wrote:
Hehe they look funny. :) First time I saw them I was like what the *e*l

I was thinking mold. LOL

Haha

Mold can form rather quickly on bunny poos too and it will be white.

Latest posts

Back