February Litters

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Here's a great place to share those birth announcements throughout the month as litters are born!

Who's first?

:magicwand::stork: First of 5 litters kindled today. I've felt 3 live ones, found one stillborn. Momma is doing a great job and is staying in the nest to keep the little ones warm. Dutch Harlequins...will post pics as soon as they color up!

Well, after turning people away for the lastcouple of weeks saying, "I'm sorry but my only litters left are mainlyout of Recharged" (my best buck) "and I'll probably only get one or twoREWs and I'm keeping them..."..

ha ha ha

Romance gave me two REWs....

Acacia (REW) - gave me five this morning - all fat and healthy.

You watch - every single girl that is left to kindle litters for lionhead Nationals is going to give me REWs......

I'll have them coming out my ears...

Oh well - we had a healthy litter of five born early this morning and more litters due over the weekend....

Peg

:magicwand::stork: My second Februarylitter...4 dutch harlies. First time momma pulled lots of furand had a textbook delivery. She was most accomodating andwaited for us to finish hubbies bd dinner and was pulling fur as we gothome! What a wonderful doe!:party0002:

Keeping my fingers crossed for something this month. We haven't had a litter in ages . . .

Matthew is getting a lot of his Dwarf Hotot does bred - hopefully will have many babies coming up!

Pam

Here are the latest additions to mybuns....Harlequin dutch babies, the larger are 17 days and the youngerare two weeks....enjoy, we are!

dutchharlequins17and14daysold002.jpg

dutchharlequins17and14daysold003.jpg

dutchharlequins17and14daysold005.jpg

dutchharlequins17and14daysold004.jpg

They are just the chubbiest babies!Its unfortunate that the show regs make it so tough to qualify forshow. The harlie's aren't recognised as a color dutch inAmerica due to the strict standards. But I love them anyway!

Butterfinger, the harlequin is all about patternand color. It is sooo hard to get the correct colors itsnearly impossible. In order to qualify harli dutch they haveto do something with presentations to arba judges...I guess they justhaven't had any dutch babies/rabbits get the color close enuf topresent them. I think the pattern rules for the hd are justtoo tough. Gotta have a bit more leniency.JMHO. :D

Thanks all for checking em out. They are dolls. V.

calgal981 wrote:
Butterfinger, the harlequin is all about pattern andcolor. It is sooo hard to get the correct colors its nearlyimpossible. In order to qualify harli dutch they have to dosomething with presentations to arba judges...I guess they just haven'thad any dutch babies/rabbits get the color close enuf to presentthem. I think the pattern rules for the hd are just tootough. Gotta have a bit more leniency.JMHO. :D

Thanks all for checking em out. They are dolls. V.
Wow, I didn't think it would be that hard to get well-marked ones forharlequins...Looks pretty easy from those babies there; they all seemto have pretty nice markings (The blazes at least, from what I can see)

The requirements for a harlequin arehorrid. Let's see - the ears must be alternating colors w/the face color - or something like that.

So for instance - if the face is black on one side - the ear on that side must be orange - and vice versa for the other side.

Then the stripes or whatever must alternate....

It is horrid - I've seen the standard somewhere. I've been told thatMiss Bea is one of the nicest harlequin lionheads in the nation ~ butshe would not pass the test for the harlequin pattern - here is a photoof her:

And to show you just how much a harlequin litter can vary in color/pattern..

Peg

Peg, those babies are darling! Are they lionheads?

The color for harlequin goes on to state that the chin andchest need to alternate, the belly has to have barring or bandingalternating and the feet should be alternating colors. Thatin addition to being correctly dutch marked. :shock::shock:

Yep - those were babies back in Jan. '06 if Iremember right - I'd have to look it up. They're actually Miss Bea'sgrandbabies...from her daughter Meathead...uh..I mean Shopgirl! (Shewas nicknamed Meathead on this forum when she was just a little thing).

Peg

Latest posts

Back