February 2009 thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pet_Bunny

Reaction score
Hi All!

2n7peo5.jpg

This is me at my cousins wedding. You could see her behind me and that is her husband in the background.
She is slighty tanned because she spent a week in Hawaii before the wedding. :D

Nice photo!!

I have to be at the hospital today at 1 pm for surgery at 3 pm. They plan on taking off my external fixator and removing the screw in my ankle. If the screw it not ready then it will be another surgery. Following this surgery, I will be back to no weight baring on the right ankle for an unknown time.

Stan, that's a great pic!

DA, how did the surgery go?????

We're ok here, just got the flu and all that good Indiana stuff....... *sigh*

It went well and only lasted 30 minutes. I go back this Thursday and if all goes well, I should be released to go back to physical therapy, pressure through the leg/ankle and a boot put on. It will be difficult going back to physical therapy because between insurance and such, I went back to PT and had an evaluation and one appointment. Then I had the surgery which took me away from PT so when all said and done I've had one evaluation and one appointment for PT since December 29th. That's not good considering I'm still using a walker and wheelchair! I took a step forward by getting the fixator off but am back to foot up, move from walker to wheelchair, no foot down at all, etc.

I had my follow up with the surgeon yesterday. The fractures appear to be healing and everything is still in the right place. I am to start physical therapy as soon as my insurance approves me, AGAIN! I have a boot on my foot and will see the surgeon again on April 2nd.

My expected timeframe to return to work in 'a year' and full recovery is one to two years but leaning towards two years. The average full recovery for this kind of injury is six months to a year with leaning towards a year. However, since I had to take a detour along the way then I'm delayed with the healing and recovery.

'He' has nothing to do with anything. It's our auto insurances and his policy covered $25,000 for my medical care. My hospital stay was $43,000 alone and I've got many more bills after that with 2 additional surgeries,careflight, er, rental of my wheelchair, home physical therapy, outpatient physical therapy, surgeon appointments and this lovely boot.

So his insurance is the process of being dismissed from the case as they have paid the max for his policy. My health insurance is billed and then they bill my auto insurance. So I'm basically to the point that I have a lawyer to "sue" my own auto insurance. But rates going up isnt' a concern because the insurance place I go to changed the insurance company they use. Therefore I'm not sueing my 'current' insurance, if that makes sense.

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
.....if that makes sense.

Yeah...it does.
And it really stinks.

Sounds like the same kind of stuff we go thru in NJ.
***I think NJ founded the concept of limited liability and "No Fault" insurance.***

I hope everything goes well...especially your recovery!!

:hug1

Right now we are just sueing insurance companies. When it comes to the end and if I don't like what the insurance company has to offer then we take it to court. My attorney has stated "We want it all!" of course because then her lawfirm will get more as well. The guy that hit me has absoultely nothing so sueing him directly wouldn't get me anywhere.

Back