Favorite Christmas Movie!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A long time ago I would've said "It's A Wonderful Life", hands down...but over the years I've come to include a few favs. IAWL is my top 'sappy' Christmas movie - and Jimmy Stewart has always been my favorite actor (though Tom Hanks is rated up there with him now)but I too also love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...it's hilarious! That goes hand-in-hand with "A Christmas Story" (you'll shoot your eye out, kid :p).

I've yet to see Elf, simply because I don't normally care for Will Ferrell's style. I did however, like him very much in "Stranger Than Fiction", so will have to give Elf a try.

And I've also yet to see "The Polar Express", which I hear is quite good...

:)

My favorite is A Muppet Christmas Carol, too! My family saw it on Christmas Eve in the theaters and has watched it at last a couple times each Christmas season since. When my dad got a DVD player, it was the first DVD he bought. Now that I'm on my own, I'm going to need to get a copy of it, too!

Bassetluv wrote:
A long time ago I would've said "It's A Wonderful Life", hands down...but over the years I've come to include a few favs. IAWL is my top 'sappy' Christmas movie - and Jimmy Stewart has always been my favorite actor (though Tom Hanks is rated up there with him now)but I too also love National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...it's hilarious!

Ditto on both of these, Di!!

I also love the more recent "Love Actually".

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is the BEST Christmas movie by far.

so someone please close this thread,as there is no need to keep asking becaseu now we all know what the answer is :biggrin2:

My favorite Christmas movies are Elf, Rudolf the Red Nose Raindeer and The Santa Clause! I also really like the old Christmas movie about the guy, who eventaully becomes santa, who steals the toys from the king after they were banned. I don't remember what it is called.

My favorite Christmas movies are Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, A Charlie Brown Christmas...

but most of all, I LOVE Miracle on 34th Street! That is definitely my all time favorite!

jordiwes wrote:
I also love the more recent "Love Actually".

That movie never even crossed my mind as a Christmas movie, but it is, isn't it? I just watched it for the first time about 3 weeks ago, and loved it!

"I feel it in my fingers,
I feel it in my toes,
Christmas is all around me,
and so the feeling grows"

LOL...that song will never be the same again!

:biggrin2:

jordiwes wrote:
Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
Muppets Christmas Carol!:bunnydance::biggrin2:
If you love Muppet Christmas Carol, you should try Muppet Family Christmas. So hilarious. I love those Muppets.

I think I sawit long ago when I was a little'un,:ponder: along with the Hollywood one.:p I agree - got to love those Muppets!:D;)

"Even the vegetables don't like him!":biggrin2:

muppets.jpg

killertheturtle wrote:
I also really like the old Christmas movie about the guy, who eventaully becomes santa, who steals the toys from the king after they were banned. I don't remember what it is called.

Was that Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town . 1970 stop-motion television special?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus_Is_Comin%27_to_Town_%28TV_special%29

The King would be Burgermeister Meisterburger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgermeister_Meisterburger

I remember crying when the toys were stolen:D

I also cried when the other reindeer would not play with Rudolph.

"It's the most wonderfull time......of the year" INDEED!:p

One I liked from a couple of years ago was The Family Stone

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0356680/

Could have been a "Rachel McAdams thing" I'm still looking into it

It's always funny to see Sarah Jessica Parker get wound up.;)

All time fave as an adult Christmas Vacation.

nightmare before christmas. . .

okay, so my favorite x-mas movie also doubles as my fav halloween movie!

Jack Skellington: We pick up an oversized sock, and hang it like this on the wall...
Mr. Hyde: Oh, yes! Does it still have a foot?
Smaller Mr. Hyde: Let me see, let me look.
Smallest Mr. Hyde: Is it rotted and covered with gook?

he he he

i love that movie. . . i might just have to put it in tonight! i get rather annoying with it, as i know all the lines. . . i even have the soundtrack to it. . .

One of my favourites is Jingle all the way with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sinbad..it's so funny.....i love christmas movies like that :)

Cheryl

katt wrote:
nightmare before christmas. . .

okay, so my favorite x-mas movie also doubles as my fav halloween movie!

Jack Skellington: We pick up an oversized sock, and hang it like this on the wall...
Mr. Hyde: Oh, yes! Does it still have a foot?
Smaller Mr. Hyde: Let me see, let me look.
Smallest Mr. Hyde: Is it rotted and covered with gook?

he he he

i love that movie. . . i might just have to put it in tonight! i get rather annoying with it, as i know all the lines. . . i even have the soundtrack to it. . .
I love it too Katt!:D I actually watched it earlier, and know it by heart. :whistlingBest film ever.

I also LOVE the Polar Express, Elf, the Santa Clause (1 of course, not really 2 but I liked 3) and the Grinch :), the Jim Carrey version, which a lot of people seem to hate. :?

The Year without a Santa Claus!!!

The Snow Mizer and Heat Mizer songs stick in my head ALL YEAR LONG!

My sister bought me the DVD for it last Christmas. :D

billbam_1974_10955685.gif

Latest posts

Back