Fat...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happybunny

Reaction score
Hello all!

How much faster do females grow than males? Because Selkie is lookingkinda fat... Harebell is too but not to the same degree. I mean,imagine a ball... With a head and ears on top, and you've got Selkielol!!

Happybunny

P.S They haven't been in any contact with males since they were ten weeks old.

Hi Happybunny,

I'd puther on a diet, happybunny. She sounds a bittoo big for her own good. An obese rabbit is extremelyunhealthy and could easily be fatal to the rabbit. It's hardon their hearts and it becomes difficult to clean themselves and thatcreates many other problems, inaddition to many other thingswrong withthe extra weight.

Look away when she begs for treats, and put that fluffy little puffball on a diet. She'll be all the healthier and happier forit in the end.

-Carolyn

I would but I know shes not a great eater. Thatswhy I'm worried... And also she never really eats treats, Harebell andSelkie both leave that to the boys!

Hi happybunny,

Is she eating her hay, drinking regularly, and her bathroom habits allthe same? What type of pellets are you giving her.The general rule of thumb that I've gone by is that the pellet feedshould have at least 18% or more of crude fiber and 12% or more ofcrude protein. I wonder if her pellets havea lot ofsugar in them?

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
I'dputher on a diet, happybunny. She sounds a bit toobig for her own good. An obese rabbit is extremely unhealthyand could easily be fatal to the rabbit. It's hard on theirhearts and it becomes difficult to clean themselves and that createsmany other problems, inaddition to many other things wrongwiththe extra weight.

Look away when she begs for treats, and put that fluffy little puffball on a diet. She'll be all the healthier and happier forit in the end.

-Carolyn
Maybe I should put Lenci on a diet. :p

Don't worry, Hutch is big, sometimes i can't pick her up, i have her on a strick diet

I think it is a bit like humans

Female rabbits, especciallt around their hips grow wide, to support babies!!!

I know Hutch is like that!!!

My bunny Luv is too big. I changed her hay to timothy hay and feed less and i dont see a difference in her weight.

Cristy

Aww what a sweet name! I was just looking at her,I think she was just born bigger than the others, although she is Alotbigger than the boys.:?

Back