fat bunny :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butsy

Reaction score

12654_031913_310000001.jpg

12654_031913_310000002.jpg

12654_031913_320000004.jpg

The bunny equivalent of a human "Couch Potato"? Seriously, she looks like a lovely rabbit but as Misty indicated ^^^, that bun may be overweight. Rabbit metabolisms are not always efficient, so any excess food energy they intake will be stored as fat.

I want to give that rabbit a big cuddle tho :hearts

Jo xx

compared to Coal when she first came to us Butsy is anexoric. Coal is a mini-rex and she weighed a little over 8 pounds. We monitored her food better, and she is now 5 pounds and looks more like a rabbit and less like a fur covered blob. She still loves her food too.

Oh my.....too cute. Reminds me of Benji when he's asleep. Little smooshed face and ears bent over on the carpet.

At long as he's able to groom himself all over and eat the caecals from his behind then he should be fine. :)

Jen

what you posted as feed seems OVER the amount that she should be getting. I'd cut it.....and I don't see a cup or 2 of veggies being healthy for her.

She definitely is overweight.
What breed is she? Mini Lop?

They are only supposed to weigh around 5 to 6 lbs. (Don' have my standard with me, but that sounds about right).

I would cut back her food intake and make sure she gets lots of exercise. Fat bunnies are not adorable. She is at risk for lots of health problems by being overweight. :(

Emily

It really depends how fluffy she is too! I don't think you can tell from a mobile phone picture.

Also there is nothing unhealthy about veggies for rabbits! The house rabbit society recommends, I think it is 2cups of chopped veggies per 6lb of bunny, so butsy is getting just the right amount!

Well at 7 or 8lbs she might be slightly tubs but definately not horribly overweight. My Benji is a mini lop and he is about 5lbs.

What pellets does Butsy get? It might be worth while to switch her to something lighter?

And yes Butsy is VERY adorable :D:D:D

Jen

Back