Fat Bunny Anonymous updates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anaira

Reaction score
update from the participants in from This thread, please!

Er, here's Reuben's update. He's doing well.

seteber1.jpg

"I dare you to say it. I just dare you!"
seteber.jpg

Oh, 'cmon people, I know there are some chunky buns still out there! Daisy Mae? How's the slimming going?? Sebille? Sophie? Gary?

I adore Gary, but I have to watch his weight for his own good. His poor little toes are starting to go bald from the extra weight. :( I don't want them to get sore.

Now I bring Becky out in the evenings and give her oats sitting on my lap rather than sprinkling them over breakfast. It is a challenge having one extra thin bun married to an extra chubby one. I'm also forced to taking the alfalfa away other than when she's on my lap.

I_heart_Fraggles wrote:
Poor Becky. I can see how hard it would be to compete for every bite with Gary Glutton.

Oh, now who's being mean? He isn't a really fast eater of anything other than oats. There's always pellets left over in the afternoon. If she was with Panda there would be a huge issue. Luckily Bunnicula is also a fast eater so it's not a problem though.

I'm finding the food needs are the largest stumbling block to having all 6 free roam all the time. Sophie and Houdini would raid Becky and Gary's food dish the first thing when everybun was let out.

LOL Houdini is a chow hound that has learned to eat fast or he doesn't eat. Sophie is a fast eater. I honestly love that most of the buns are enthusiastic eaters, it's much less stressful than trying to keep weight on.

Joshua was confused why I was concerned with the weights because they all look normal to him, unlike poor Ruben that even he can tell there is an issue. I used the pencil analogy- I can't feel Gary's ribs all all, his pencils are in a fat case. Becky is too thin, her pencils are not in a case at all. The other four are a good weight, their pencils have a fabric case, nice and round but easily felt.

I have never had much of a problem with fat/thin bunnies. I have always kept each rabbit in a seporate cage. I can monitor their food intake better that way. If one looses/gains a little more weight than I would like I can just increase/decrease their food.

I started to blow Franklin up. He only has like a pound and half to lose. I tried the big furred thing with the vet. It didn't fly

When I got Cinderella she was 7 pounds, a full 2 pounds over weight! In my house I use exercise and a balanced diet to help they stay a good weight.

I feel bad about Gary because it is my fault he got too chubby since I am constantly trying to feed Becky he ended up with more snacks as her husbunny. Now I'm a big meany and he is not getting the extras when I feed her. He pouts, but forgives me with a nice nose scratch.

Paddy O'Hara heres so many fat jokes and jokes about "rabbit" stew or gravy etc. I am often the one taking offense. Flemish Giants are not fat because they are large rabbits. Females are not overwieght because they have dewlaps. I have started referring them as the pear shapedbunnies of the different rabbit breeds. I have even compared their breed to football players. I may make a sign or tshirt that says my rabbit is not fat she is a giant! She is actually a good weight for her size and yes 22 lbs is big but not fat.

I love Reuban...I just want to squish him!

Thanks Fraggles for the continuous entertainment.

Oh boy, I didn't want to add Bunny to the list, but I may have a fatty on my hands too...

He goes to the vet next week for his health certificate to fly and he'll finally get weighed. I'm nervous for him. I hope his craisins haven't managed to stick around his middle...!

OK so I just weighed all three of mine, and my English Spot Jessie is two pounds overweight, at least. I think the main issue is that she's REALLY lazy. She just doesn't move enough.

Mind you, she was spayed a week ago yesterday and I've been trying to keep her in for as long as possible to make sure she's back to normal. She started tearing up her crate today so I knew it was time, haha.

But yeah. She's been out for about two hours now and all she's done is camp out under the bird cage. She binkied once but even that's not usual for her.

As for food, she has about a cup of pellets a day - we give her the full cup in the morning. Veggies before bed, usually something like spinach, parsley, carrot, peppers or romaine lettuce. Obviously hay is available at all times. She just picks at the pellets and hay throughout the day, but the veggies she'll devour in ten minutes flat.

What can I do?

Latest posts

Back