Fashion pet peeves

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fav brands

• Rue 21

• Justice

• Abercrombie

• Walmart (ha!)

• holister

Results are only viewable after voting.

OreoTheBunny

Reaction score
Post here what you hate about the fashion these days. i personally hate the love pink bags and sweatpants, but the energy necklaces- dont even get me started.

I'm not very fashion conscious and don't really care about it, but there are a couple things I really dislike. I don't want to mention them though in case a forum member likes them!

I'm a mom and a school bus driver...I go for comfort over fashion. I prefer jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts/flannel shirts.....and if I'm "dressing up" LOL I go for jeans and a sweater. At home I live in lounge pants or sweat pants and t-shirts. I am anything but glamorous and fashionable. As a matter of fact my hubby jokes that if he can't find his favorite shirts to look in my side of the closet and that's where he knows it will be LOL

Ummm the 80's hahaha XD

Ooooh another is those sweatpants with sparkly words across the butt. Tacky. Oh Crocs are ugly.

Well that's a strange question to for someone like me. Cause my hubby and I are both "goth". Jason is big into steampunk and industrial wear and I'm flaming red hair pale skin glitter makeup black cloths and leather boots.... But if I had to pick a hatred it would be saggy pants...

:yeahthat: about the saggy pants. =P

The newest trend that I hate are lace tops with your bra showing through. I don't go for expensive brands, I find things I like and buy them much, much cheaper in other stores like Primark and Forever 21. They carry all the latest trends at low prices. I don't really like Abercrombie, why pay so much for sweatpants and sweaters, and every second person wears it.

Hmm I think what annoys me most is people who just slavishly copy a fashion trend, or icon, without actually looking at themselves in the mirror. Personally, I think if it looks good on you, then cool! But if it doesn't, then I hate it. It makes me cringe when I see bigger girls wearing outfits that just does not suit their body type, when actually, if they just made a few changes, they would have a similar look that they would look stunning in. Or skinny girls wearing something they just do not have enough cleavage to carry off, and makes them look flat. I love strapless dresses, but there's no way I'd be able to wear one; I'd look like a skeleton. Otherwise, I'm pretty cool with most things.

Me, I tend to change my style depending what kind of mood I'm in. At home, I have to wear old hoodies and track pants, because I have so many rodents, they get ridiculously chewed! But I tend to wear either gothic or hippie styles, depending on how I feel. I tend to have pretty big swings in my feelings!

I despise the people who go to workout in super tight clothes. I mean isn't the point so you can sweat in the clothes?
I also really dislike the sweatpants with the word "Juicy" on the bum. I mean tmi! ( to much information)

Jj

nermal71 wrote:
I'm a mom and a school bus driver...I go for comfort over fashion. I prefer jeans and t-shirts/sweatshirts/flannel shirts.....and if I'm "dressing up" LOL I go for jeans and a sweater. At home I live in lounge pants or sweat pants and t-shirts. I am anything but glamorous and fashionable. As a matter of fact my hubby jokes that if he can't find his favorite shirts to look in my side of the closet and that's where he knows it will be LOL

nermal71, you and I would get along great. Function over fashion has been my motto for many years now. I got tired of trying to look like someone I wasn't, spending huge amounts of money for fashion, only to find that the product itself would fall apart within two or three months...not to mention the 'uncomfortableness' of many of these clothes. I live in Ottawa where it can dip to -35deg C (around -31 F) or even colder, in the winter months...and so many retail stores will sell womens' winter coats for $400+...and the darned things won't keep you warm once it dips below -5C. You pay for looks, but honestly, the non-existent functionality of exorbitantly overpriced clothing just so they might compliment a particular body part lost my interest many years ago. These days, if I can walk out the door dressed to stay warm, and still be able to bend over to pick up my dogs' poop, then I'm happy as a clam.;)

I totally agree MagPie. I also don't get sweatpants and Uggs. The lacey shirts make you like like, well, um..... I won't say it here, but you probably know what I mean. ; )

Perhaps it is my Scottish heritage, but a man in a kilt = yummy! :biggrin2:

I dress function first. I work on computers every day and don't interact with th public, so why not wear jeans and a t-shirt? It deeply offends one of my coworkers. He will spend $100 on a dress shirt for work! WTF?

I hate baggy butt pants and whale tails. I don't want to see other people's undies. :shock:

Leggings as pants when your top doesn't cover your bum.

Imagination... Let me use it, please.

I like looking nice, so I do it. *shrugs* In my younger days I dressed very simply, never did much to my hair, and never wore make up... I didn't feel good about myself so I just didn't bother, I felt awkward trying to be girly. Oddly enough this was before I came out, not sure if they're related but I think they are on some level. Now I feel more confident in myself so I go the little extra (even if that means just throwing on mascara in the morning!)just because I no longer feel "ridiculous" about caring how I look or fear asking my sister or friends for advice about make up, etc. But that's just me of course.

I think all of my clothes are from Fred Meyer which is I'd guess a step above WalMart? I do have some WalMart clothes too. Like I said earlier, I don't care about fashion. My usual attire is jeans and a T-shirt or sweater. Because I have to go to elementary schools a couple times a week as part of my college work, I do have 4 pairs of nice pants and about 8 nice sweaters but they're all from Fred's. I have a nice pair of shoes too for fieldwork. My hair is always either in a pony tail or a braid and I don't do makeup. For jewelry, I do often ear a necklace (a pendant and chain) and my mom gave me a Pandora bracelet as an early Christmas present :D Like Bassetluv, I live in a very cold place and am more concerned with function than fashion. It's been quite cold lately and I'm outside for about an hour a day so I need a good coat. The zipper on the coat I bought last year broke so I've been wearing 3 coats layered on top of each other. The coat I had a couple of years ago got some tears in it so I patched it with duct tape in the true Alaskan way because it was still perfectly good aside from the tears!

Bassetluv wrote:
nermal71 wrote:

nermal71, you and I would get along great. Function over fashion has been my motto for many years now. I got tired of trying to look like someone I wasn't, spending huge amounts of money for fashion, only to find that the product itself would fall apart within two or three months...not to mention the 'uncomfortableness' of many of these clothes. I live in Ottawa where it can dip to -35deg C (around -31 F) or even colder, in the winter months...and so many retail stores will sell womens' winter coats for $400+...and the darned things won't keep you warm once it dips below -5C. You pay for looks, but honestly, the non-existent functionality of exorbitantly overpriced clothing just so they might compliment a particular body part lost my interest many years ago. These days, if I can walk out the door dressed to stay warm, and still be able to bend over to pick up my dogs' poop, then I'm happy as a clam.;)
Bassetluv I had to laugh at your coat issue...yep....I wear a good old fashioned carhart winter coat for work...it's a man's coat....but it's darn warm. My original one finally wore out sort of and it's 7 years old. And I have to be comfy.....oh and I got a good chuckle cause the town next to me is called Ottawa...but Illinois. Threw me for a second there though hehehe

Latest posts

Back