False pregnancy??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melmo

Reaction score
My BunBun’s are in separate enclosures. Yet my big lion head female is behaving like she is about to give birth. Right down to pulling fur from her abdomen for the nest. We have pulled each and double checked to confirm all are female. And they are. Yet she is behaving like she is about to give birth just like her Momma did. When Willow was about to give birth we could visually see the babies moving. She does not have this nor do any of the others yet she is building a nest and pulling fur. What is the likelihood of a false pregnancy? I am super confused and watching her like a hawk. No babies but she is acting as though she is about to give birth.

It is probably a false pregnancy, but there is a chance that the other rabbit is a male. Did she get loose at all last month? Can a wild rabbit get to her cage? I sugest getting her and the other rabbit that is most likely a female spayed because female rabbits have a high chance of getting cancer past age 2. Can you send us pictures of what she is doing?

It is probably a false pregnancy, but there is a chance that the other rabbit is a male. Did she get loose at all last month? Can a wild rabbit get to her cage? I sugest getting her and the other rabbit that is most likely a female spayed because female rabbits have a high chance of getting cancer past age 2. Can you send us pictures of what she is doing?
No other males have gotten in nor do they have the ability to do so. We have checked the nest she made and there are no babies. After making the nest she has stopped paying any attention to it. What would make her feel she was pregnant in the first place. Sorry I didn’t take photos before removing it after she stopped paying attention to it. But honestly she did everything right down to plucking out her belly hair. After doing so she went in for little over a hour then went on to acting as though she had never done so. I am so confused. LOL. Sorry no photos. Didn’t even think to take them

Latest posts

Back