False Pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaybug15

Reaction score
Hey everyone. It has been so long since I'veposted here. Well, yesterday I cleaned all my cages and one of them wasso bad that I moved that rabbit. I moved her into a smaller cage with alot of hay.This morning I went down to feed and she has madea big nest and is even pulling her hair. Actually, its the best nestshe's made. Her last preg. was a failure because the nest was bad.Anyway, I don't even have a nesting box in there. She hasn't been bredsince last year, and even if she has been put in with my other rabbit,I think it is female.

So what should I do? I am pretty sure she is not pregnant, and she hasn't shown any signs of pregnancy until now.

Thanks much,

-Jay

Hi Jaybug,

We have another thread on here - "False pregnancy" by Cirrustwi. Please check that one out. It's either on page 1 or 2.

-Carolyn

Maybe theother Doe wasnt a Doe? i wouldwait her out and see what happens , oneof the females whokindled yesterday showed nooutward signs of pregnancy eitherbut she birthed 5 kits. i dont think i wouldencourage hairpulling just ywt byputting in a box unless she isin an all wire cagethen definately goahead and put one in . give her time.see what happens you may geta big surprise *( Isure did )

Hi guys. Well, I found out that the other rabbitis definately a doe. Smokey tore appart the nest she built. It was agreat one. I am looking for a nice breeding buck. I am also looking fora pair of breeding Netherland Dwarfs. If anyone knows any reliablebreeders in Central Washington, that would really help. Thank you forall of your help in previous matters.:):D

If she is pulling out her hair it culd be fortwo reasons, it could be too cool in her area or she isgetting ready to give birth! Give it a week or two at most,if she does not do anything, by tomrow? give her some morehayor alfalfa or more greens soshe can make abetter nest@ Hint: If she is a first time mom and does not know what todo, or just refuses to nurse them or jumps all over them and tries tokill them, please, take away babies, which ever ones arestill alive and put them in a seperate kennel with a electric blanketunderneath some newspapaper and a little bit of cedar, not alot!you dont want to lose the little darlings!in a nursingbottle,Give them half kitten replacer milk andcholesterum(store bought)(petland has it)If u cannot get to kittenreplacer milk in the middle of the day ,soy milk will do well! if udont even have that, then,then please place mother on herside and gently put the babies one by one on herteets! make her breast- feed or they will die! It takes alotof patience, but it does pay off!I will send u a pic of mykits that did live!It was two out of three thatlived! (origianally it was 8 )five died first night ofmothers neglect)before we knew what to do)!

my hubby and i had to do the same and we saved the two that did live!

write me anytiime at [email protected]

has yourrabbit given birth yet? Ithink mineis having a false pregnanacy though!@ shemated but onlybeofre her last liter was bornand itr failed too! soi amconfused@

chipperluv! Isit possible to be come pregnmant when she was already pregnant?

i need answeres ! help! she was in with her male all monthlong so it is vertially possible to :)have a regular pregthough?

chipper pic of whoe family mom, dad baby of 11 weeks old now! CHIPPER

has yourrabbit given birth yet? Ithink mineis having a false pregnanacy though!@ shemated but onlybeofre her last liter was bornand itr failed too! soi amconfused@

chipperluv! Isit possible to be come pregnmant when she was already pregnant?

i need answeres ! help! she was in with her male all monthlong so it is vertially possible to :)have a regular pregthough?

chipper pic of whoe family mom, dad baby of 11 weeks old now! CHIPPER

Latest posts

Back