False Pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hayley411

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the right section for this but oh well.

About two weeks ago I watched my aunts male rabbit Harley for a weekafter he got neutered. I had no choice but to keep him in a pen next to Sherbert's, I put cardboard between them so there was no through the bars mating going on. Anyways she knew he was there and has been acting strangely territorial about her pen, pretty much acting pregnant.

Today she started building a nest, so my question is what do I do? Do I give her a nest box and allow her to make a nest and pull fur (she is already making a nest on the carpet)?

Should I leave her alone? We have Agility practice tomorrow, I don't think I should take her but wanted a second opinion.

Any advice would be appreciated,

~Hayley

I would say let her nest. Give her a box, it will make her more comfy with a box even if she is not pregnant. My friend had a doe that constantly kept a nest and always had a "baby" in it. She gave her a small stuffed baby rabbit and the doe always kept the baby in the nest. That went on for a year, I have not asked lately so not sure if she still does it. The doe is probably 5 now.

I am am probably not the person to answer the agility question but I would think she might not be very willing to do it wanting to breed and all.

Latest posts

Back