False Pregnancy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munchkin

Reaction score
Flopsy is pulling chest hair and running around with her mouth full of hay, pulling hair out of her mate, Moon and now has started honking at him before running off.
He is looking at her, ears forward - so no anger at the fact she made him jump in the air when pulling hair from his nose.

Anyway - I'm just about to go to bed - should I do anything or is she ok til tomorrow?
I can't afford a spay until after August when kids are back in school and my wages aren't going on childcare :?

Thanks guys!

She should be fine, Ebony has false pregnancies all the time, she pulls hair out of Pebble and makes big nests. I wouldn't worry about it as long as Moon isn't getting upset. :biggrin2:

Thanks for that! She is nesting in her litter tray, but I think Moon is just bemused with her.
I never heard honking before - she is usually totally silent. Bizarre ;)

No problem! :)

Aww hehe.:biggrin2: It's so funny watching them running around with mouthfuls of fur and hay! Ebony gets very defensive of her nests and Pebble isn't allowed near them. :p

I know it is so darn cute!
Flopsy is messy, stubborn and doesn't like being stroked but her funny little ways, and the way she sticks her lop ears up as if to say "What??" melts my heart.

Bunnies - gotta love the weirdnesses.

Night night Michaela - hope your bunnies are all good ;)

Oh my goodness, I'm wiping tears from my eyes after laughing so hard at your post! It was beautifully descriptive and I could just picture your little Flopsy taking whatever fur she needed from Moon and then HONKING for good measure!:rofl:

Oh poor Moon, he probably thinks she's gone off the deep end.

Ah, the joys of nesting during false pregnancy.;)

I had to wait for a few months after Carmel blasted into puberty before I could get her spayed too. She only used her own fur though. Then she'd sit there like a chicken on an egg for three days acting completely aloof to the rest of us. When she abandoned her nest, I cleaned it out and freshened her space. Luckily she didn't have but a couple of these escapades.

-Beth

Latest posts

Back