False Pregnancy & Not Eating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
So I posted yesterday that my bunny is having a false pregnancy. The last few weeks she has only picked on her pellets. She was eating lots of hay and treats but not much pellets. But now that she is so busy making her nest I have not seen her eat at all. I give her fresh hay everyday and she keeps grabbing it and making her nest with it. I'm hoping maybe she is eating the hay while she lays there. When should I start to worry. She started the nest yesterday. Thanks Mindy

Is she pulling fur? If she is, check her mouth and throat for fur. My rabbit when she was pulling fur pulled so much at one time, it was down her throat and filled her whole mouth, it was terrifying and I had to pull it out by hand.
I pulled this out of her mouth:
167tvrs.jpg

Have you tried to hand feed her anything? Maybe like her favorite treat or something to see if she'll eat it. She might be really focused on making the nest but maybe she's eating more hay because she's in the hay so much for the nest.
Does her stomach feel tight or can you hear it making any noise? Is she still drinking water?
Does she get fresh greens or anything like that? I would make sure to keep giving her whatever greens she eats, if she'll eat them.

When a doe is intent on building a nest they are very focused on that and little else. It should only last a day, or two at the most, and then she should settle down.

Latest posts

Back