False pregnancies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zuppa

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if false pregnancies are dangerous and especially if doe goes through them too often and is there something you can help apart from giving her building material, like vitamins or food to support her immune system? Would be interested to hear from people who had same experience.

One of my girls Smokey is about 4 months old and she's nesting again. She fad a false pregnancy about a month ago and I was a bit scared, also after a few days she was very sick I think it maybe wasn't related just it was very cold and maybe she was just exhausted and she was very nervous so her immune system was weakened by the stress. Now she doesn't look stressed or extra hungry or aggressive, just bringing hay into her hide box, which is not used as toilet. Last time she built nest in her toilet and just had to pee everywhere outside it which was unpleasant.

It is exactly 17th day since she had contact (without mating, but the two were close previously when they were 8-12 weeks as I thought they are same sex, and I think they still remember each other very well and looking for each other when out in playpen, although I keep them completely isolated from each other but on 11th March they had a very short chat so maybe that just was a trigger). Also Leo is 4,5 months now and he smells very masculine even a couple metres from his cage you can smell that.

I know false pregnancies are not uncommon and just talked to someone a few weeks ago she told me that her 1 year old Netherland dwarf has them quite often, she's their only rabbit living outdoor but she sleeps with their dogs. So they just don't react at all take it as something normal.

Please share some of your experience here. Thanks

Latest posts

Back