Fallen in love...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munchkin

Reaction score
The only downfall of having too many rabbits in the house, is that when one steals your heart - you can't take it home.
Today, in work, I was handed a gorgeous brown rex to hold while the girl sorting them out did something.
She walked off and the little rex went from having a heartbeat racing to snuggling into my neck with her eyes half closed. She stayed in my arms for a good 20 mins good as gold and it kills me that I couldn't bring her home with me.

I offically love rex bunnies now - so soft, so sweet, so snuggly. *sigh*

I think we all feel your pain. There are so many rabbits out there that need our help or are just adorable and we want to bring them home.

:(

Thats why I love you guys - because you all get it!I just love them all sooo soooo much - I'd love to have a huge house and bunnies everywhere but only if I could give them all the love and attention they deserve.

A beautiful french lop came in today for adoption because the woman who breeds cannot sell him, and is changing too different types of rabbits.
I would think, as a responsible breeder - it would be HER responsibility to ensure that poor rabbit has a good home and not use a service provided for rabbits in need to rid herself of her overstock.
I had to walk away and let someone else deal with her - it made me so mad.

I can understand!

There is a breeder a few hours from me selling some Velveteen Lops. I want to run there and snatch them all up, lol.

Someday, when I own a house, I will have lots of space for rescue type bunnies!

hehe, aren't rexes awesome?? I wish i had one, but I totally get what you're saying.

I refuse to go into the Humane Society or the petstore now... It breaks my heart to not take them all home!

I can't let Neil into a petstore either because he keeps trying to convince me we need one more bunny... but I am the voice of reason (believe it or not.. :shock:)

_________
Nadia

I do this weekly :p, lol. Every time I see any kind of rabbit at all, I want it, started to be the same with Guinea Pigs, lol. My mum never lets me though...come on I don't need a bed, I'll sleep in a cage in their room. :upsidedown:

But rexes really are the best kind of rabbit, I hope my next one will be one, I really really want an Ermine Rex...:bunnyheart

I totally sympathize with you. It breaks my heart as well not to be able to take them all home. I'm currently at my limit but it's always hard to accept that limit when one just tugs at your heartstrings.

Rex are a special breed :inlove:I've had 7 rexes so far and they are my favorites. I find them to have more attitude and a more babyish behaviour which makes me laugh a lot. :nod

Haha! ;)
She is gorgeous and is out on the floor now, so no doubt when I go in on monday she'll have been sold. I remain strong because I just don't have time to give to another bunny until I get Gizmo neutered, and bond all 4 of my buns (a girl can dream), which would give me space and less work.

I will have a rex one day for sure - something very special about them, although munchkin my netherland dwarf is the sweetest, flopsy my lop is the funniest, moon my dutch is the most loyal, gizmo the lionhead is the most kissy kissy. Oh heck - I love them all!!!! :D

I know how that goes....Every week I get that "I NEED to bring her home" feeling. Deep sigh. If we did it every time we'd all end up our own private shelters

I have one sweet little baby myself that every single week it breaks my heart to set her down and walk away.......

We're all big softies when it comes to buns!!!

I've had my eye on one listed on petfinder for quite a while now. I emiled about him earlier and just got a reply that his IS still available... petfinder is a very dangerous place for me!

Here he is:

MO132.9372432-1-x.jpg

He is lovely - absolutely go and grab him so we can see more pics! Look at his lovely colouring...oh what a hunny!

I was just reading Rabbits - gentle hearts, valient spirits and it always makes me feel so sentimental about bunnies. What a great book - so well written and such a great read.

I want more rabbits. ;)

I know how you feel. I fell in love with a rex today at the petstore when I was browsing for a new food bowl for my babies. I wish my parents would let me get one and bond it to my other two. It would be a great trio. One with long hair, one with normal hair, and one with short hair.
I have actually always wanted a rex, but never managed to get one. My next bun will probably be a rex or mini rex I think.

While I think the rabbit I've posted in this thread is handsome, I think the person from the rescue I've been in contact with is slightly unbalanced.

I really don't think I'll try any further to adopt him.

Latest posts

Back