Fall

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolyn

Reaction score
The season's felt like they changed overnight this weekend.

Fall is in the air!

If you're sensing this in your area, just be sure to keep an eye onthose cooler temperatures at night for your outside little buddies.

-Carolyn

Oh its BEAUTIFUL Outside Caro! I love the fall,lived next to an apple orchard up until recently. The bunsseem more energetci too, but then it might just be me. I mayhave to take the little ones for an excursion in the backyard later, Ithink they'd enjoy that

Fall? LOL! Winter hit us a few weeks back alreadyCarolyn. :pNow the snow's gone but it got down to around 27*F(-3*C) last night. I have shredded paper in their insulated boxesalready, but last night I added some straw and both boys used it, Icame out this morning to find both in their boxes with the straw andshredded paper blocking their doors, lol.

I agree, bunsforlife, I do lovefall, but hate what comes after it. I won't think about that rightnow.

I kept wanting to make an apple or pumpkin pie yesterday, but didn't want it in the house, just wanted the smell.

Did think of your snowfall,Laura!

Babies sounded like they appreciated the extra insulation.

Hope so too, AnnaS, for your sake.

-Carolyn

lol, AnnaS, tomorrow it's supposed to be 20*C (68*F)! Right now it's only 5*C (41*F), with a high of 10*C (50*F) today.

Carolyn wrote:

I kept wanting to make an apple or pumpkin pie yesterday, but didn't want it in the house, just wanted the smell.

I feel like that too sometimes, Carolyn. I bought some of those scentedcandles that smell like them and they work a treat - better for thewaistline too!- Jan

Fall?? I dont know the meaning of that word yet lol

Here in Toronto is' been nice and sunny all week with temperaturesbetween 24 and 28, which in American is like 75-80?? Somethin like that:)

The leaves are changing here, and it's certainly a lot cooler.

Although, I'm pretty homesick right now. This is the first time in my29 years that I won't be in Vermont for the foliage. Every year myfamily goes apple picking and ona foliage drive and I can'tbe there for that. :(

Other than that though, it is nice this time of year.

It's freezing here, or at least a lot colder thanit has been. Of course, I don't like anything lower than 50 degrees:D For someone who live in New England, I passionately hatewinter (though fall foliage is nice - makes campus prettier).*California hereI come!*

You guysare kidding me?It was still up near 100 all last week! I'mdying here! I'm still bringing Sebastian in every afternoonso he won't be so hot, we're still watering the dickens out of our yardtrying to keep it from burningup!

I lovefall... I'm sooooenvious!

m.e. wrote:
It's freezing here, or at least a lot colder than it has been.Of course, I don't like anything lower than 50 degrees :D? For someonewho live in New England, I passionately hate winter (though fallfoliage is nice - makes campus prettier). *California here?Icome!*

Without a doubt, more pictures are taken at our campus in the fall thanany other time of the year. It really is breath-taking.

Luvabun, I do burn candles, but I wanted the real macoy, ya know what Imean? Football was on, the bunnies were happy, it was a beautiful,crisp fall day, and it just felt like a pie should be baking in theoven. Soon enough.

Stephanie, one of my favorite things to do is to pick an apple fromit's tree and get a whole bushel. Get home, and make a pie, and someapple sauce, candy apples. Apple smell is everywhere. I know I'll belooking at the apples on my counter wondering, "WHAT was I thinkinggetting this much?!" Happens every year.

Then it's time to go get my sugar pumpkins and cook them and freeze it.

-Carolyn

Just wait Raspberry... I bet you have a coldfront moving your way. At least it just hit us here in UTlast night... low was in the 30's with highs today in the 50's... andsnow on the mountains! It won't get that cold there sinceyou're a tad farther south and not as high of an elevation but I wouldbank on it cooling you off some at least. Coming from FL andnever getting to play in the snow I'm still enjoying it while I havethe time. It won't be too long before we are able to get backto the southeast (I hope) and we won't have it to enjoy thenanymore. I'm 25 years old and just went sledding for thefirst time in my life last year with my step-daughter. It wasSO much fun... I can't to do it with her again. Hopefullythis year we'll get her at the right time again! This nextwinter we plan to hurt ourselves and play "snowbird" for a week inJanuary when we're going to try and go home to see family andfriends. We'll love it while we're there but I bet we'll befreezing when we get back to Utah.

-Cheryl

Cheryl, I've oftenwondered about folks who grow up with no snow! I would think that wouldmake the Holidays odd too! We love to sled! I'm so glad you got to go!As I've said before, my husband and I always end up with loads ofteenagers.Last winter we had a huge snow that ended up in awonderful sledding expedition with tons of kids! It was so much fun! Wehad knee boards, inner tubes, snow shovels, anything and everything youcould think of that would skim across the snow! I'm always the officialphotographer who stands byapplauding and laughinghysterically! I've got to show you some of the photos so maybe you willget "sledding fever" again! :D

Sebastian's little girl and our oldest daughter-

5up6p

Our oldest and middle daughters-

5u4p3

Our middle daughter and her guy-

5u4q8

my husband and a family friend-

5u4ra

the event that everyone had the most fun with- snow ramping!

5u4k6

most of the kids, our little girl and my hubby-

5u4nm

I woke up this morning at 6am, was freezing cold,put on long pants and a sweatshirt, and sat at my computer for an hour:p and its funny, cuz i thought it was just morning frost, so i broughtshorts to school to possibly change into if it got too hot, but itdidnt! i ended up taking my sweatshirt off, but my pants werent toohot! its freezing here!

I guess I'm the odd one out then. Something in my soul dies when I see snow.

No, not entirely :p, but I think I've got the whole Seasonal AffectiveDisorder thing, because winter is like a prolonged hell for me. Fall Idon't mind so much, mostly because the brilliant colors make up for thebitterly cold air. But the dark, and the cold and the snow...I swear assoon as I can, I am moving to a warmer climate.

Ya know Raspberry, the funny thing is that snowisn't nearly as cold as I thought it would be. For thatmatter, the air here honestly doesn't feel as cold as it feels in FLprobably 80% of the winter just because there is no humidity to speakof at all here. Thirty degrees in FL feels more like zerodegrees here because the 90%ish humidity keeps everything moist andcolder. I thought when we first moved here we would have tobuy a whole lot of winter clothing, but after 2 winters here we havereally only added a couple more sweaters and sweatshirts and a warmer,more snow appropriate coat for us both. Other than that wereally just don't get as cold feeling here as we thought wewould. It doesn't take long to learn how to layer clothesLOL! We still haven't taken the opportunity to go skiing yetwhich I'm hoping we can do this winter as it very well may be our lasthere. No telling yet where the military will take us next orif there will be a chance to ski there so we want to take advantage ofit while we can.

The one issue I have with winters now is that (coming from FL) I amused to being able to run outside briefly (to get the newspaper or mailor take out the trash) without having to put shoes on at all and Ican't do that here because the snow gets them wet and cold both...brrrrr. Oh well.. my loving hubby got me great house slipperswith good soles on them so I could just slip them on for the quicktrips out of the house. Like I said... we're really enjoyingit up here a lot, at least weatherwise.... miss our families a lotthough, which is the hard part. Nothing like moving from thebeaches of the Gulf to the mountains of Utah for a bit of culture shockbut we enjoy it as much as we can :cool:.

-Cheryl

Back