Eye problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
Hiya I recently adopted a lionhead named Ivy sweetest little girl anyway I was holding her today and I noticed her eye was closed and I looked at it it's really pink, I think it's infected.
Is there anything I can do for her?
I've attached a picture :apollo:

Hiya I recently adopted a lionhead named Ivy sweetest little girl anyway I was holding her today and I noticed her eye was closed and I looked at it it's really pink, I think it's infected.

Is there anything I can do for her?

I've attached a picture :apollo:

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1404424985.579220.jpgthis is what her eye looks like, so body help me please.

It could be an infection. Do you have a vet you can take her to? If you haven't taken her to a vet yet, it might be a good idea to go and have her checked over since she is new to you. One of my rabbits had an eye infection this past spring and our vet did a test to confirm infection and gave me some antibiotic drops for his eyes.

Yeah except where I am there are no good exotic animal vets they are all crappy so I don't want to take her there plus when I got her I took her to the vet and I found out they know nothing about rabbits so I was looking for a home remedy or something

Go online and look up rabbit savvy vets and there should be a list of them in your area. Where are you? I'm pretty sure there's a list on here also. Not every vet sees rabbits but there should be one near you :)

She needs a vet, you could try washing it out with an eye wash solution that you can get in first aid kits as a temporary remedy but she will need a vet I think

Yea I know you would think there would be one good exotic vet but I've tried them all because I have had past rabbits and I have rats right now plus my pigs plus now Ivy and they all suck like they say they know how to do small animals but they don't I've actully had past animals die because they I had no idea what they are doing, it really sucks and I'm really scared for Ivy.

You can try rinsing it out with a plain saline eye solution(not the chemical wash), several times a day for a day or two, and also look closely around the eye to see if there may be a bit of hay stuck under the eye lid irritating the eye. But if it gets worse or there is no improvement, you need to take her to the vet anyways. Even if they aren't that good, there's nothing too complicated about them checking the eye to see if something is irritating it, and prescribing antibiotic eye drops if they are needed.

Try looking on these vet lists too, to see if there might be a good rabbit vet near you.
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/f28/finding-vet-13366/
http://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

I know I wanna take her to the vet I think it's pink eye I'm pretty sure anyway

Omg now my bunny has a milky film over her eye it's got way worse but the vet can't see me for a while what can I do?

It sounds like she may have scratched her eye and there is now an infection. Your rabbit needs antibiotics and only a vet can prescribe these. If you are in the US, because of the holiday today, you would need to find an emergency vet that will see rabbits.

Okey but I live in canada not the states and all the vets I talked to which is like 10 said that they could not see me for a few days

You need to tell them it's an emergency and say that the eye is getting cloudy.

It's a cute bunny but poor thing I'm not sure what it could be.

Good news I took her to the vet and I have the antibiotics vet said a week until it's cleared.

Latest posts

Back