Eye and sticking droppings issue...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurtleShark

Reaction score
I just got Cookie a few weeks ago. She's middle aged, from what I was told. She's a Holland Lop. I've offered unlimited hay and limited pellets as well as kept her pen cleaned. She's been offered a couple of dandelion leaves a day, I know... not near enough. I'm going to get her some green leaf lettuce (I know I can't give her iceberg).

So, a couple of things here:
Her left eye, around it, not her actual eye but the area around her eye is a little pink.

And her droppings have been sticking to her bottom and clumping up. She's still passing some but there is a lot down there every few days... I tried to remove them myself but just ended up being scratched.

So, would these (maybe) be helped by more veggies? I think the droppings would, but I'm not sure about the eye.

And what veggies should I get her?

I'm sorry for missing this very important thing in her diet, I've never really had a rabbit before. I'm trying, though.

The eye problem is most likely a separate issue from the digestive issue. Maybe see a vet for "pinkness" around the eye. Could be a conjunctivitis or a budding eye infection. Something not to let go on....
Digestive issues are a bit trickier; her gut flora may be a little off. explaining loose poops or more cecals. I would not introduce more veggies at this time but actually cut down on pellets and feed more hay . (timothy or grasses not alfalfa. ) All rabbits are different and respond even to different hays. I have an elderly rabbit that gets a "poopy butt" with soft greener hay but does better with 1st cut or some 2nd cuts . It will take time to figure it out ...

Okay then, I'll try giving her less pellets then and try to get a hold of a vet about her eye. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back