Extremely hostile

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My rabbit zero has made a 180 in personality in the past few days. Before she would explore the house and binky alot. Now she runs to a corner (couch) and if anyone gets near she makes a ton of loud grunts and screams and will attack anyone who tries to make any sort of contact with her. When shes in her cage she thrashes the cage and throws all her toys and litter box around. Its kinda funny but annoying when she stomps her feet at 5am but just attacks me when i try to let her out of the cage. Is she justa bad bunny or what?

She should be around 6 months now and isnt fixed yet. I know this is the age that should happen but do they get this mean?

When shes alone or im at a distance shes fine, lies down and binkys and such.

Is she spayed? I have a grumpy two-faced female bun that does similar stuff. i am getting her spayed at the end of this month as I have been told this will calm her down a bit. Mine is also a random biter. I hope you don't get bit. Bunny bites hurt. Is she an only bunny or do you have another bun too?

Welcome to Teenage Months! That's what hormones do to bunnies. Just like people. She's not mean but she's being protective. That's what does do.

Think it's time to see a Rabbit Savvy vet to start the process of spaying if you are not breeding. It will help with the rush of hormones. And will help your bunny in the long run.

K :)

Totally agree, time for the spay. Hormones make bunnies crazy. She's trying to be protective of her space so if she has babies they will be ok. Nature has programmed her to be this way since every animal out there has rabbit on the menu. As a pet they are so much happier when they are relieved of the hormonal burden. Then they can just relax and be themselves.

Latest posts

Back