extreme couponing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorguarder08

Reaction score
has anyone seen this show it's amazing. People getting totals up to 1,900 dollar totals and only paying like 40 dollars because of all their coupons. Man that is amazing. Makes me think about doing it.

I would love it if we had coupons in Canada like you guys do in the States.

Even if I wasn't shopping like them since I don't need 25 things of mustard... I would love to save like 50 dollars on my grocery costs by spending an hour coupon snipping before hand.

Hadn't heard of it before but wow, those people really go rather over the top with it, I would almost, with some of them, call them hoarders. When you buy enough toilet paper to last the average person over 150 years... That's just too much.

That sort of saving seems a bit ridiculous. Paying $10 for $1000 worth of groceries is insane.
I also wonder when some of these people will end up on Hoarders. I know that when laundry detergent goes on sale, we buy 2-4 jugs, not 50. Sure, we buy the big pack of toilet paper, but not 10 of them. And buying cat treats when you don't have a cat is nuts.
We can't even get close to that kind of savings in Canada. Most coupons are 1 per costumer, so you can usually only buy 1 of each item at a time. Most coupons are size restricted, so you can't put it toward and size of the item. Even with sales (no coupon needed), there are limits on how many you can buy, like limit 10 for that price and after that the price is higher.

There are some items that I avoid buying unless they are on sale and sales can influence what I buy for some things. I don't buy months worth of it though, it can be a couple weeks if it is something I use a lot and is at a good price.
I don't seek out coupons either. If there is one on an item I already use, then I will use it but I don't go through all the flyers and the internet to find them.

If I am already going to buy something on-line I will look for a coupon code. It is normally good for free shipping or a percentage off one item. It's easy to do and I don't have to carry around little slips of paper.

Extreme couponing is a bit crazy. I watched it for the first time last week and was rather amazed. We don't have that kind of coupons in Canada, we have mostly store card discounts(ie safeway card) which gives you reduced prices and gas coupons. By using the cards you do save a lot off the price, I can get 400$ of groceries reduced to 250$ plus 5cents/liter off for gas, but its still no where near the few dollars the extreme coupon people pay.

My dad is a extreme airmiles collector. When he goes grocery shopping he can come back with 500+ airmiles just for one grocery trip. The check out ladies are always amazed. We now have 43 000 airmiles and even with my parents taking trips all the time, us buying a laptop and xbox 360 with them, we still collect more then we use.

The best deal I ever got was 25cents for 2kg of spaghetti. I bought the whole shelf and everything they had in the back. A cart full of pasta only costed a few dollars :) I kept 1 and donated the rest to the food bank.

I think the extreme couponers need to do more giving to charity. On the show it showed a bit but I dont' understand why they need to still keep a stockpile for themselves. Keep enough for what you use in a year, a couple of everything, and donate the rest to charity.

yeah one girl on there well not really a girl but you get the idea said she does it cause she needs to be needed so she has her own "stock pile" gives items to her family memebers like her son and daughter in law and donates to charity which I thought was really cool and more of the people on there need to do it. But DANG I would love to get great savings like that. And atleast here you can't use more than one coupon per customer.Now if I did that I would be making sure I shared with other members of my family like my grandmother who can't really get out as much as she would like I'd also make sure a lot of the stuff I got would help out tays family as well
with

[align=center]I watched the one with the lady who bought like 40 bottles of mustard because it "never goes bad"... I was like "Wow... who's gunna eat THAT much mustard?"

I think they should give some of their "stocked up" items to charity. Some do as I've been hearing but not all of them apparently. :I

Latest posts

Back