Explaining cricket to an American

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score
This made me laugh! So here it is, the explanation of cricket!

You have 2 sides; a team that's in and a team that's out.. two men in the team that's in go out and when one of the men who's in is out; the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out; the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get min still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in; the men who are out are trying to get him out; and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decided when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out; and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

That's the wonderful game of cricket.

:biggrin2:

:nerves1That hurt my head.

and here I thought cricket was a little bug

LOL Fran! :laughsmiley:

Where did you get that?

I don't get cricket either.... I remember playing it in P.E at school and all I knew was that I'd try to hit the ball (and usually miss) and people would just yell at me 'Run! RUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!' :?

That is the most confusing thing i have ever read in my life,lol!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:I'm so confused.

Makes sense to me! If I could speak that explanation along with a video of some sort you'd definitely understand it!

Cricket is basically what baseball is based on anyway (or maybe rounders?)

Rounders is similar to cricket and so much easier to understand. Its basically baseball without all that silly glove and helmet stuff.

kirst3buns wrote:
Now do you really wonder why we Americans don't get it?!

:foreheadsmack:
:biggrin2:

LOL! It doesn't even mention a ball!

HAHA numbat good one :D

I love playing Cricket. I prefer non stop cricket though.
i was explaining to my couzins and i just simplyfied it and i was like

"silly people who runs back and forth and chase after balls. haha"

x

Ha! That's a good explanation! :)

I've played Cricket before and I still don't get it. I just did what Jen did and ran when people yelled at me to! lol I still think it is a silly sport to watch.

*watches men run back and forth, back and forth*

*giggles*

I'm not a "sports person" by any means. I don't even like American Football because of their obscenely tight pants. :twitch:

Back