expanding my rabbitry

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaya17

Reaction score
ive been thinking about expanding my rabbitry but i dont know were to start, i'd love to see peoples set ups and pictures would be awsome, some questions ive been meening to ask are, how many rabbits are good for someone as young as me, being 13 ive raised rabbits for 4 years and I have 6 right now, how large of a shed should i build/buy, should I get aautomatic watering system, what about heating/cooling in the winter and summer, having to pay for everything myself (food cages rabbits ect.) what would be the cheapest, should i get a summer job?, anyhting would help thanks so much for all this

Having a summer job, if you can, is a great idea. :) I don't have a job and it would really come in handy if I did.

What breeds do you do again? Rex and Mini Rex right?

I think a pair of each to start is good. Try to find the best quality you can! Life is so much eaiser that way. :p Start saving money, cuz they might be expensive.

If you start with a pair, you can breed babies back to parents. Or even a trio of each breed. Gives you more combinations. :) When I was 13 I think I had about 15 rabbits. That was pretty manageable. BUT my parents buy my feed, cages and other equipment, plus pay my show entry fees. XD I am 17 now and I still rarely chip in...I have bought myself at least $200 worth the rabbits by selling other rabbits though. I guess I'm spoiled. XD XD XD I plan on getting a job to help pay for more. I feel bad making them pay for it all.

Latest posts

Back