Exercise pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megg

Reaction score
I hate a mini satin bunny and wanted to get an exercise pen. I'm not sure what size. I was looking at one that says each panel is 13.5" wide and 21" high and has a diameter of 33" is this big enough? When I am home she's out to run around until bedtime!

I think 30" or 36" high would be better.

I agree that 21" inches is probably too low, she'll be over that in a moment. Even 30" is too low for some bunnies.

Actually, it might not be necessary to cover it, depending on the personality of your individual rabbit.

My rabbit's cage is 28" tall, and I know that he is capable of jumping that high, but he... idk... chooses not to. He's lived in there for years lol! I'm relatively convinced that if the cage were only a foot high he'd probably never jump out of it either, but it has platforms so it needs to be two grids high.

On the other hand, a flimsy cover might not be enough if he's a super determined rabbit.... in which case it'd be better off if you followed the advice of the others. x)

I would recommend a dog x-pen. The ones made for rabbits tend to be small and flimsy. Dog ones tend to have 8 panels that are 2ft wide. The hieghts can vary from 18" to 48". You can usually find them used for a good price as well. You can use them as a fully enclosed pen or to add to a cage, connecting a couple can give a lot more space as well.

A rabbit jumping out really depends on the rabbit. Some are content to stay in an 18" pen, but others can get out of a 48" one.
I would suggest a 36" pen, if you rabbit can jump out, you can get a top or even put a sheet over top. 30" can also work well for most rabbits, but could be harder to find than a 36".

Latest posts

Back