Exciting Bonding News

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monklover

Reaction score

Buddy and Roxie are sooo close to be bonded. Everyday we let Buddy and Roxie out to play together in the back yard. When we did this a couple of months ago, all they would do is fight. They have stopped the fighting and they go EVERYWHERE together! I would guess that Buddy and Roxie will be bonded within a week. We have been taking Roxie into Buddy's cage and he is absolutely fine with it. Roxie was grooming Buddy in BUDDY's cage yesterday! :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:

Today I brought Roxie inside Buddy's cage in the morning when I fed them. They did really well. :biggrin2::biggrin2::biggrin2:
BuddyandMeganllI007.jpg

I looked out my window just now and this is what I found: :shock::biggrin2:
BuddyandMeganllI.jpg

Buddy and Roxie were like that to. When I first started the bonding, all they would do was fight. After a LONG time in the bathroom everynight, they started to actually love eachother no matter where they were.

Wooo!! :bunnydance:
They look so beautiful together! :inlove:

Go us! I just bonded my two as well. :highfive:

Ok I have a question. Buddy and Roxie have been doing really well. There has been a little bit of humping but it is normally from Roxie and Buddy just nudges her off and everything is fine. It hasn't ever become a fight because they handle it pretty well.

They have also been realy good together in Buddy's hutch. Roxie humped a couple of times but it was fine. I am not sure if I should keep them together over night or not.

Any oppinions?

They have been doing soooo well together lately and they were out all day today together without any problems.

~Megan

now how the heck did I miss this? :shock:

That is so awesome guys! I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly so you can take lots of snuggle pics for us!

As for leaving them in the cage together, I would say that your gut feeling would probably be the best. You know your bunnies much better than we do. But if you do decide to put them together just make sure that there are lots of places for them to run away/hide if they get in a scuffle.

I have the same question. I was just in Buddy (and Roxie's cage ) for about an hour or to and they did fine. Roxie humped once or twice but other than that they were fine.

It was so cute because Buddy heard something and got up to protect Roxie!!:bunnyhug:

Love,

Hannah and the lovebirds :love:

monklover wrote:
I am not sure if I should keep them together over night or not. Any oppinions?
I think it would be safer to give them more time under supervision until you are very sure they are completely safe from any scuffles. A fight would only set you back.

We have decided to leave them together at night because they were together for about 4 hours before it started turning dark and were perfectly fine. I just checked on them and roxie was grooming buddy!

Love, Hannah

I would not be worried about occasional mounting. Shoot the boys do it one in awhile in the trio. As long as no fighting is a occurring I would be ok.

Well, the two of them spent the night together. I went out there once and Roxie was grooming Buddy!:hearts: I just fed them and I thought i saw blood on Roxies ear. SO i picked her up and nothing was wrong. I think she just flopped in her litter box:foreheadsmack:! Silly, Roxie!!

Love,
Hannah and the loverbuns:bunnieskiss

Latest posts

Back