excessive chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~*sAbRiNa*~

Reaction score
In the past 2 weeks Sabrina's chewing has been absolutely out of control. She will chew anything and everything in sight. She has lots of toys to encourage chewing but she has been over the top lately and ignoring the toys in favor of walls, plastic, and some storage bins. She even spent about 15 minutes chewing the plastic bin that her hay goes in without even touching the hay!

She always has unlimited hay available to her, which she does eat, but I think that there might be something more going on because she has never chewed at this level before. Could it be boredom or could there be something wrong with her teeth? If its boredom I would love some suggestions!

Thanks

I suggest you take her to a rabbit-experienced vet and get her teeth checked out.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking too. She hasn't lost any weight and certainly is still eating up a storm. I will call the vet in the morning and make her an appointment.

I had her looked at by the vet and she needs to have her teeth trimmed. They are not getting worn down properly. I am moving in less than 2 weeks so after discussion with the vet we decided to wait until after the move to do the procedure and we are worried about the stress (she is moving to my parents where she has lived before so it hopefully should be calm but we are trying to be cautious). The vet feels that since she is still eating well that she will be fine to wait 2 weeks. I just really need to push hay and monitor her behavior.

Thanks for your concern Crys

Latest posts

Back