Everything I have bought so far- anything I've missed!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
Okay so here is everything I have bought so far and what I am going to do with it. If I've missed anything or you have found anything useful for an indoor bun (to keep smell/mess etc. down) then please advise!! :D :D :D

So this is the cage I have bought him. My Dad is going to attach another level because it is so high.

rabbitcage2807.jpg

And here is the X-pen I am going to attach to it permanently unless I am out or at night.

xpen.jpg

And I bought some other things for him too- a little tent which I dont have a pic of atm to put in the xpen so he can just hide away if he wants to and get a bit of him time. And also this little bed I thought was SO cute, to have in my room so he can rest on it if he wants to. HIs own little bed!!!
bed.jpg

I am also still debating on whether to buy vinyl flooring or a vinyl curtain suggested by funnybunnymummy depending on whether I can find flooring cheap enough, cos it's quite expensive.

What would you suggest to keep IN the cage? Not hay I am hoping because it's so messy but what about some kind of carpet material or a towell? Something safe because I won't be there all the time to watch him.

Am I missing anything vital??? He'll have his little hay rack and a corner litter tray as normal.

SOOOOOO excited!!! :D :D

Jen

I use fleece blankets in the cages and haven't had issues with them. The ones I get are 50X60 inches (I don't know it is cm) and are about $5 each.

Lillian has a huge pen around her cage. At first I just had the carpet and she was pretty much litter trained so it wasn't an issue. I found some foam mats at garage sales and now have those in the pen. They are easy to clean. The only issue is that they can be chewed, so not for all rabbits. Here, they come in a 4 pack and each one is 2X2ft, they cost about $10-15.

For the bed, not all rabbits will use them. I only really have 1 rabbit that has ever used the bed and another who sort of uses one. All the others have not cared or just wanted to pee in them.

Do you have lots of toys as well? Since he is just moving inside, I would assume that you do.

For the smell, get a good litter, clean often (at least a couple times a week). I use a white vinegar and water mix to clean up.

Thanks for the advice! I wanted something kinda waterproof and chewproof for under the pen because I cannot get anything on the carpet or it will just cost me sooo much lol. This is a 'luxury' apartment so you can must imagine what the landlord would charge me etc.

Haha my dad rolled his eyes at me when I came home with the bed for benji, saying 'Do you actually think he will use that?'. I know he probably won't but it's so exciting to be able to buy him an indoor bed that I don't care if I waste the money hahhaa.

Yes I have quite a few toys for him but to be honest he only tends to play with them when I am there to play WITH him and them too, if you know what I mean.
At the moment he has a hanging wicker ball on a string, another larger ball, a piece of rope with wood on either end, a hanging windchime thingy of safe woods etc., a Kong, a ball with a bell in it etc. etc. and to be honest he doesn't really use any of them. He just adores company. He tends to snatch them off me and throw them but that's the only time I see him touch them lol! And I hope he enjoys it because I always give it back to him to throw again haha.

I have a cellulose litter at the moment but it's quite hard to know how much it would leave smell in a house, as he's outside at the moment. Do you think that would the most smell-absorbing litter?

Hmm I have never thought to use white vinegar and water but I might do that in future instead of spending quite a lot on a spray that often doesn't work well on urine stains.

Jen

When Nancy brought a bunny to school, we'd put down a plastic tarp and cover it with a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet from home depot and then set up the pen so nothing could get thru onto the classroom flooring. Card board boxes are good too--ours love to lay in them and chew them.

Latest posts

Back