Ever heard your bun scream?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz16

Reaction score
My baby's napping and so tv is off and were all having some quiet time. Well, I hear this horrible scream. And if you've ever heard a deer or rabbit scream ts a horrible thing to hear, like horror movie slasher flick scream.

I go over and look inside and Pidge is on his side twitching in his sleep moving his legs like hes running, you know like a dog does. Well, then he screams, again. He wakes up and rolls upright and just sits there licking his lips then lays his head back down and sighs. I was like uhhhhm....and my dog went over to investigate.

I have only ever heard a rabbit scream when their scared, so him screaming in his sleep was kind of funny if it wasnt so heartstopping. I expected to see him hanging by his leg or something.

Thankfully no screaming!

I knew bunnies dreamed. I watch my "Couch Potato" do it all the time, but he's dreaming he's eating lol. See his little mouth moving a mile a minute, with once in a while his tongue comes out to lick his lips. Funniest thing. But never saw or heard mine scream during a dream.

K:)

I was rabbit-sitting for a friend and her rabbit screamed. It wads horrifying, loud, screech. He must've been frightened by something because there was nothing wrong with him.

Oh jeez. Now I'm going to worry they might have a nightmare and scream when they sleep! I have never, ever heard one of our bunnies scream thankfully, but I understand it's completely awful. Just reading the title of your thread made my heart drop into my stomach. I don't want my babies to get so scared or hurt that they scream :(

Rory is the cutest little dreamer, though. He lies on his side and "runs" and twitches his nose and moves his lips and stuff. We say he's chasing rabbits :D Let's hope nightmares remain at bay!!

Omg no and I don't ever want to! I have heard that it's horrible :( that is a crazy story though. I had no idea they could scream in their sleep!

:nerves1 No thank god, but I can't even imagine. Now I'm going to be worried about bunny nightmares! Eek! Glad Pidge is okay!

I heard my baby, Chili scream once. It was the most horrifying sound ever. I had put her in a carrier that my ferrets had been in and I thought I had cleaned and de-smelled it good enough but apparently I hadn't and she SCREAMED! It scared me so bad. I was cradling her for at least 10 minutes before I calmed myself down enough to make sure she was perfectly fine, which then she was cause she was out of the carrier. So now, all the animals have their own crates. Just to be on the safe side. :)

Ya i cant imagine why he woulda screamed, sebi slept through it all. I kinda wonder if i just was hearing things...but a rabbit screám sounds like nothing ive heard. Ahh my bun drama!!!

I heard Prince scream once. I haven't heard Sweetie scream and I hope that I never do. Also I haven't heard Pudden scream, but I have heard him whine. When I heard Prince scream it was when I was having my mom's dog, Dawg, chase him so he used his leg. Guess the chasing got too much for Prince and he screamed, so I stopped Dawg from the chasing by telling Dawg "no more", and I cuddled Prince until he calmed down.

A rabbit scream is heart stopping. A rabbit whinning is heart wrenching (tears at your heart), kinda makes you sad.

Goodness No! and I hope never to!!!

As I was doing research on all bunny care, one thing I was reading about was signs of illness such as teeth grinding. One thing led to another and I found video of rabbits screaming in youtube but I could not make myself listen and still can't and doubt I ever will.

A lot of reading ive done has said that rabbits only scream when they are in extreme pain? By reading all these stories i'm not sure they're right?

extreme pain or if they get really scared they
ll scream. thats why i expectedthe worst when i ran over, but i think maybe a bad dream?

What a relief it was just a bad dream! That must have been terrifying.

One of the reasons I started to have house rabbits is that as a kid we had hutch rabbits. One night we heard the most horrific screaming. My sister and I wanted to go save our bunnies but our parents wouldn't let us out. There were wild dogs trying to get into the hutches. They were scared to death, it was horrible.

When I was in HS I got another rabbit but refused to have it be outside. Cosette was a spoiled house bun in the 80s, which was when it was just getting started. I made mistakes, like not spaying her, but it was still a far cry better than a hutch.

Thank goodness I havn't heard any of my current babies scream. It really is the most horrible sound.

I will always remember when I heard a bunny scream for the first time. Our first bunnies, Fred & Ethel had babies for the first time last year on 1 Nov 2011. We were first time bunny parents at the time, and foolishly thought that when Ethel had her babies Fred would help her with them. Ethel showed signs of nesting on the 1st, but then nothing seemed to happen. Thinking she was still pregnant, we left Fred in there with her. On the 3rd, we went out to do some errands in the early afternoon. As we came back home and entered the sun porch, we heard the most horrible screaming. Ethel was in a panic, because Fred was chasing her in a sex craze. Needless to say, we immediately rescued her.

It was a horrible noise, and I will always remember it.

Sometimes I have heard some of our baby rabbits cheep or cry out in their sleep, like they are having a bad dream, but nothing as bad as those screams from Ethel.

Latest posts

Back