Ever heard of this breeder ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnycarrot1

Reaction score
since I can't get a rabbit till I move out of where I am living in 10 years when I graduate from college. I was wondering has anyone had any good or bad experience with this breeder http://www.daisypatchrabbitry.com/index.htm

I am hoping to get a English lop but don't know the prices. If anyone knows of any experience good or bad with this breeder let me know. I picked this breeder as the breeder focuses on one breed.

I have emailed this breeder but did not hear nothing back yet. Also the breeder does not ship which is great.

If you can't get a rabbit for another 10 years (unless you mis typed this bit), I would not look for a breeder yet. A lot can change in 10 years, so those breeding now many not be then or can have different breeds and different attitudes to it all. Even 1 or 2 years can change what they are doing.

I really don't know about prices. Many breeders will post sale rabbits on their websites and some do have prices, so gauge it by that. Also keep in mind the quality of the rabbits (show, breeding, pet), where they are, then time of year (prices can go up around convention times especially if the rabbits are going to that show).

Breeders do have real lives too. It is a long weekend, so they might be away or busy this weekend. If you don't hear back by Tuesday, then send another message.

I have been wanting a Tan for a while (will hopefully be getting 2 next month :D) and have a few breeders likes or friended on Facebook. This lets me see what they are like, some pictures of their rabbits and even prices if they are posted. You can try that with English Lop breeders.
You can also try getting to know some people in local rabbit breeder clubs. A lot goes on behind the scenes that can influence your opinion on a breed for good or bad. Also, breeders to tend to travel to shows, so it can be a good way to get a rabbit from further away without the costs and stress of shipping (like $10-30 for transport rather than $200 for a flight).

It can be hard to find good breeders. Some are nice people, but the rabbits might not be as healthy. Some have great rabbits, but are not so great people. It seems rare to find breeders who actually care about their rabbits.
Ask lots of questions about them. Like how often they breed a doe, at what age do they start breeding the rabbits, how old are the babies before being weaned and sold (2 different ages here). How many rabbits do they have and where they are kept, most people can't handle 200 rabbits without help and it is hard to focus on some things with large numbers. Ask about health, what sort of guarantee do they offer and make sure you check the rabbit over before taking it home.

As with anything, it is hard to gauge quality through a website. It is best to talk with them on the phone or even Skype if you can or meet them. You do tend to get an idea on if they are good people or not and if they are someone you would want to buy from.

bunnycarrot1 wrote:
Also the breeder does not ship which is great.
I'm not really sure why you're saying this and I just thought that I'd add that most of the best breeders that I've talked to - will ship. Some won't - depending upon the breed, etc.

I live way down in Texas where I have no breeders near me. I've had rabbits shipped in and they did far better than rabbits that I've traveled with in the car to shows that are further away.

I'm just saying this because I'd hate to see you later find a breeder you like better but wouldn't use because they ship.

I've had probably a dozen or more rabbits shipped to me and I've shipped out some - never had a problem.

Latest posts

Back