Ever have that 'moment' when you just knew you did something right?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
I had that moment yesterday. i got an email from the lady who runs the rescue i foster for. i was helping out at a pet expo this past weekend and i was holding a bun named sassy. she is currently at a petco as we work with them to adopt the buns out. the owner of the petco saw me holding her and was like "she hasn't bit you?!?" she had not. i find out a little later that this poor girl has been adopted twice and brought back twice. agression was the problem.

she attacks your hand when you reach to pick up her food bowl. i worked with her a little, scratching her head to calm her down and after the third time i could pick it up just fine. she just sat there.

Linda (who i got the email from) said she passed this trick on to the petco owner, and she on to the employees. there has been no agression at all.

it made me cry, cause this bun just needed some love and understanding. she needed to know you were on her side.

now she has a real chance at finding her forever home

:great: Good for you! I hope that bunny finds a new home very soon!

This scenario happens often. So many misunderstood emotions and personalities.

Rabbits need to earn your trust especially if they've been misunderstood or treated unkindly in the past. The aggressive rabbit label saved 1 more from a shelter, and mr bunny (with the help of naturestee) is perfectly at ease in his new foster home environment. A big smoosh and cuddle. Very loving. All aggression erased.

Swanlake, it's awesome that you have educated Petco staff, by your and Linda's actions, WRT gaining a rabbit's trust. :love:

Can't wait to hear more of the good things ~ for all those who feel your loving touch.

That is AWESOME! I love that you are sharing your talent with the bunnies so that it benefits other bunnies!

Latest posts

Back