Ever had one of those days...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
... when you decide the best thing to do is sitdown and not do anything because anything and everythingyoudo goes wrong?

Well that was my day yesterday! I started off the morning bright andearly, well it started off bad from the first minute, I dropped bothfood dishes right outside the bunnies doors and had to go refill thedishes.

Then I spilled water all over me when I didn't put the lid to Spice'swater bottle on properly before I tipped it upside down to attach tothe cage wire. I got that all sorted out and went onto another task.

Well I was scooping up all the droppings that were piling up in theirrunsand I accidentally broke part of the chicken wire. I waschecking to make sure that there were no sharp edges upon which eitherbunny could get hurt, I managed to hurt myself on the wire in theprocess of fixing it. So I finished that, put all the droppings in thebucket and move onto the next task.

I went on to rake out the runs. I almost finish raking the first runwhen the rake's teeth get caught on the fencing and a few teeth brokeoff and the end popped off the handle. So I had to go get the otherrake which hardly works very well.

I got about 2/3 of the second run done with raking and then I spilledthe bucket, I had yet to empty it so it was a big mess. I grabbed mygloves and went to clean it up. I picked it all up, then finishedraking and dumped the bucket, but half of it missed the garbage bad andI got it all over the patio, so then Ihad to sweep.

After the backyard was all raked up and clean, I put my boys out. I wasworking with Spice with some training ideas the Carolyn had postedabout (how to train for jumping, etc.) and well, let's say it didn't gowell! I stopped because Spice was actually becoming afraid of me and Ifigured that I didn't need to teach him to jump anyways.

While I was working with Spice, Mocha had managed to move a cardboardbox up against the fence of his run (I forgot I had put it there) andhe climbed on top. Well considering the fence of that run is low enoughthat I can step over it (about 3') he could easily climb on the box andjump over. That's exactly what he did. I vaulted over the 3'6" fence ofthe run I was in to stop Mocha from heading through the whole in thefence and out the yard. I finally caught him and put him back in hisrun and removed the box.

After that I simply decided to go back in and make the most of my dayand call about buying 2 more bales of Timothy hay from the same personwe did last year. Well I couldn't get through for the life of me! So Igave up and went onto the next phone call, the school. I needed to makea counselor appointment to change my courses around. I couldn't getthrough there either so I gave up and decided to be lazy the rest ofthe day, all I did was sit with Spice and try to regain his trust.

Well sorry for it being so long, I just needed to vent! lol.

That my dear is asign! You probably should have put your pj's back on and climbed backinto bed! At the very least, you should have gotten a apizza,some chocolate, and spent the day being a lounge lizardso as to insure nothing else goingwrong!

funny you should post this. My day hasn't been near that bad, but I understand the need in venting.

I've been at work all day and it's just been one of thosedays. I handle the insurance for our company along withanother girl and we are at the very last stage of OpenEnrollment. We mailed out confirmation forms on Monday andthe lovely phone calls have begun. And my patience isbasically gone for the day. I'm looking forward to goinghome, hanging out with Baby and my daughter before taking my daughterto her guitar lesson.

I'm leaving in about 15 minutes.

:shock:wow. u started teh day wrong!lol. just kidding. i wuld do teh same. put back on my pj's and sit downon teh couch..drinking a drink, eating pizza and eainting a load ofjunk food. although i no junk food isnt really good :Dhaha.it must have been a terrible day for you!:p

Actually, I do think I started the day off wrong!Woke up on the wrong side of the bed I think! You're right I shouldhave just gone back to bed when it started out bad, but once I start, Idon't like stopping! It takes me forever to get motivated!

I'm happy to informyou thattoday went much better.

I called about hay and got through. My parents picked up 2 verynice bales of timothy hay. (My rabbits eat so much that I go throughabout 100 lbs of timothy hay in a year, the other 20 lbs is probablywasted since my dad wont get around to building hay racks. I figure Ishould just buy some store ones.) The hay is very sweet smelling, greenand not moldy at all, top notch hay if you ask me and much cheaper- a60 lbs bale is $4 here. :D

I talked to the counselor office secretary finally and informed meshould would call me tomorrow morning to tell me when my appointment isto change courses. So it's all good.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
That my dear is a sign! Youprobably should have put your pj's back on and climbed back intobed!
RaspberrySwirl,

I took your advice today when my day started out bad again and low and behold, it worked. :shock:

I was on the phone with the counselor office secretary trying toarrange my courses around so everything worked out good and guess whathappened. The power went out and the phone went dead. So I was prettymad because I couldn't even watch TV or come on here to pass the time.

I then decided to go shower and hopefully the power and phones would beback up when I came out. No such luck, so I brushed my hair and climbedback into bed. I rolled over about 3 to 5 minutes later, and guesswhat. :shock:The power was back on.

Okay so maybe it's a coincidence! But I was happy, and now I know I gotup on the good side of the bedthe second time this morning. ;)

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
That my dear is a sign! Youprobably should have put your pj's back on and climbed back into bed!At the very least, you should have gotten a a pizza,somechocolate, and spent the day being a lounge lizard so as to insurenothing else goingwrong!

HERE HERE

"D'ya ever ever have one of those days, boys?
Ya ever have one of those days
when nothing's right
from morning 'til night?
D'ya ever have one of those days?"

-Elvis Presley

That first day sounds brutal!

I thought it was the cutest thing how excited you got about the new hay. :) It takes so little to make you happy. *big hug*

Glad that day ended, you got good advice on how to deal the next timearound, and that you were able to stop the next bad day from happening.Way to go!

Babymommy,

I have been in that situation more than once at work where I justwanted to get home to my babies because I had had it with people aroundme.

As soon as you see those little faces, you forget how stressed you were.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Ithought it was the cutest thing how excited you got about the new hay.:) It takes so little to make you happy. *big hug*

-Carolyn
If you thought I got excited about hay, wait until you hear how happyn I am about finally finding the dream hay rack!

We went to IKEA today and I went searching through the kitchen stuff.Well low and behold I found the ideal container! It's a metal rack witha lower front, long and a fairly decent width. It's actually meant toattach to cupboards, walls, etc. to use as a little shelf for cups,mugs, spices, that kind of thing. It also has a little handle so Itwill be easier to carry with gloves on, and a a spot meant for screwsto attach it so my boys will have a harder time trying to get it off.Not to mention it's metal so it's not light, no sharp edges, and iteven has a little metal tray that goes in the bottom with nothing morethan tiny holes in it so nothing will fall through the bottom exceptthe dust.

We should have just gone to IKEA in the first place, nothing else we'vefound would work! So now I'm a happy momma and tomorrow I'm going tobuy them some baby toys so when I go back to school, they wont be sobored.

:shock:Look at that, they even have a picture online.

35729_PE126620_S3.jpg

MyBunnyBoys wrote:
:shock:?Look at that, they even have a picture online.

35729_PE126620_S3.jpg

Wow! :shock:

Now I understand! That is something to get excited about. That's really nice!

-Carolyn

I got out of the wrong side of the bed once.....

......and banged my head on the wall!!!

LOL... my favorite "woke up on the wrong side of the bed" story every...

My husband had metrapped on the inside of the bed (againstthe wall) so I had to climb out the bottom, my foot got tangled in thesheets and I fell trying to get up.... only to realize one of mydalmatians had had an accident in the floor overnight which promptlyended up squished by my knee as I was banging my head on thedresser. You can't get any more clues than that! Icleaned up myself and the floor, took an asprin, put the dogsoutside,and called my boss to tell her I wasn't coming inthat day... then went back to bed! Two hours later I woke up,without an alarm, and the rest of the day just was superb.Sometimes you just can't ignore the signs! :shock:

-Cheryl

I had a whole week like that,my sweeperexploded,I went camping and we got a bad storm ,when i got back my hotwater heater started gushing water everyehere,i sold a bunny at thefair and the woman didnt call and say she was going to be late wewaited an hour for her i called her and she says i wasnt at the fairnow she wants a refund which irefuse to give and she wontpick up the rabbit so now i have to resell it.bluebird

ok, i had another one for the books today at work..............

It started out to be a good day. All was fine. Irealized at 11:00 that I had left my lunch in my vehicle. SoI went downstairs, got it and checked to make sure it still wasgood. I brought it in and put it in frig. At 12:00I go to the frig to heat up my lunch and it is gone!:(

Now keep in mind that last week a memo was put out that the frig wouldbe cleaned on the past Friday so if you wanted to keep anything, putyour name on it.

#1 Well, it was never cleaned

#2So, at 11:00 I didn't think a thing about it

#3 It happened to be theexecutive administrator to the President of the company that didit. So when it was brought to her attention that she hadthrown away some folks lunches. Her responce was that it wasin a container, so I could either get it out of the trash or do withoutlunch.

Needless to say, that didn't go over quite too well.

Back