Even the most "knowledgeable" people..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myia09

Reaction score
So, I belong to a chinchilla site much like RO.

Well I ended up talking to this girl who had a beautiful french lop.

This girl is VERY educated in Chinchillas..and constantly talks about doing research, care, ect ect

But here I found out she knew NOTHING about her rabbit or rabbit care.

She was rehoming her do to her "Biting" while in the cage. She isn't spayed nor is her cage adequate (Its the green cage with legs you can buy at petsmart..not large enough for a full grown FL)

She also has a young son who is known to "grab" and "play" with the rabbit.

Just goes to show you right?

that's sad ): people should not get rabbits unless they are fully educated on possible temperaments and problems, along with diets and such! before i got my beautiful bun i made sure i knew almost all there was to know about rabbits! (but still you always learn new things. i hadn't known about tooth purring and binkying until solara did it :) )

Unfortunately, it's everywhere, with all sorts of poor animals.:( Best thing you can do is voice your opinion, nicely and knowledgibly, is that a word? LOL. But, that's what I would do. Even if they're beyond being, helped, you tried.:)

That is really sad. Our Jinx has the same story; he was rehomed with us because he bit his previous owner when she put his food in his cage. She had young children, and was worried about him biting them.

He was un-neutered and lived on his own in a hutch in the garden.

Having gotten to know him, and had him snipped, he's one of the softest, sweetest bunnies ever! He doesn't fuss when you pick him up, DBF's more than any other bunny we have (even from day 1, when he didn't even know us, he was comfortable enough to DBF straight away).

My feeling is that he was just being possesive over his food, and probably got poked and prodded a lot by children.

It's disappointing when people don't bother to do any research about animals they keep...

Poor little lop! Hopefully she is willing to learn, so the bun doesn't have to be re-homed. Try to see if she's willing to come on the site to learn proper care and treatment of her bun. I feel like if she does, her bun will give a big sigh of relief and the "biting" will stop..

My non-bunny savvy roommate commented on how much personality Bentley has, ever since I brought him home from the SPCA. He was originally going to be snake food and pretty much had no socialization whatso ever. He was the bunny that the shelter staff "refused to touch" because he was "nasty" and we all know what happens to those poor guys...

Anyway, my point is that I took him home, neutered him, and gave him a good bunny life, and he now is the sweetest bunny around with SO much personality. It stinks that buns sometimes live in environments that don't let their personalities shine.

Maybe since she's so passionate about her chin's, she would cares enough to do right by her bun if she had the education.

Or maybe not, which in that case, there's really not much you can do :(

:?some people! beats me how someone who can be so knowledgeable about chinchillas - not low maintainence pets imho - can be so ignorant of rabbits:? you certainly see all life on this forum!! i agree with angelnsnuffy - a little tactful 'talk' may work!

I joined this forum so that I could learn as much as possible about rabbits. The more you know about your pets the more you can enjoy them.

Latest posts

Back