Ethel and her wheelchair...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_mouse_chalk

Reaction score
Evenin' all,

Not sure if this has been posted before, but it touched a heartstring for me when a friend posted it on facebook tonight:

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-AcQCWZAsPM[/ame]

There are a fair few people debating online whether it's cruel not to have put her down, but to me it looks like one happy bun scooting around on her wheels...

Steve

Oh my goodness that is sweet. I personally have to agree with the woman for not putting Ethal down. The bunny is not in pain and seems to have a good quality of life thanks to her owners devoted care. I wish more owners cared that much about their animals.

Thanks for posting that Steve. I thought is was so heartwarming. The comments people are making are so sick though.

Yeah I had to stop reading the comments - made me angry!!! :(

slavetoabunny wrote:
Thanks for posting that Steve. I thought is was so heartwarming. The comments people are making are so sick though.

Well, if what she said is true, I'm sure Ethel might get her groove back someday. I wonder if she trucks around the house in her chair?

BTW, nice to see ya, Steve!:D

Ah but you did discourage me! You said you'd already seen it - I just couldn't believe you'd not shared it with your RO friends!!! :p

mouse_chalk wrote:
Steve wanted to post this.... who am I to discourage OH participation?! :D

mr_mouse_chalk wrote:
Ah but you did discourage me! You said you'd already seen it - I just couldn't believe you'd not shared it with your RO friends!!! :p

mouse_chalk wrote:
Steve wanted to post this.... who am I to discourage OH participation?! :D
Send her to bed with out a snack! How dare she not share!

I can't read the comments on YouTube videos.... it always makes me so mad.... I've got into arguments before and said some pretty rude things lol.... I have to curb myself now- they're just looking for arguments and to wind people up...

The only reason I didn't share was because a friend sent it to me on msn really late one night when I was half asleep and I forgot lol.... :hiding:

I loved the video! Very good to see that Ethel has a good strong full life ahead of her.

I went through 7 pages of the comments and told some of the jerks on there what I thought, as well as spamming several messages. People can be so cruel when they dont realize what'd they do if they were insomeone elses' situation. Just plain awful.

ETA: GAHHHH! Look at this comment! Urgh! That just made me SO mad! I dont think I can go on that vid. any more. The rude commenters are making me want to jump through the screen and knock some sense into their heads :(

"That is officially untrue. People who own rabbits are not part of this world, they are part of a far more inferior world."

Emily

I think she looks very happy. I would not have thought that it would be much of a quality of life if I hadn't seen her. She really seems to love the people and does very well.

Poor girl tho... I bet she wants to hop!

I really cant make my mind up about this. I was watching it a few days ago on the "Special Needs Pets" repeat on channel four and I had mixed feeling about this rabbit. One thing I noticed not really about the rabbit, but that the wheel chair was holding her back legs a little bit too high but anyway. I think I would have to give the rabbit a chance, if she can carry on a normal life and is happy there really isnt any point in putting the animal to sleep, right?

Luv-bunniz wrote:
One thing I noticed not really about the rabbit, but that the wheel chair was holding her back legs a little bit too high but anyway. I think I would have to give the rabbit a chance, if she can carry on a normal life and is happy there really isnt any point in putting the animal to sleep, right?

The back legs have to be elevated to keep them from dragging. Friction would eventually rub off the fur and flesh.

I think it is a wonderful story of perseverance and hope! A wonderful message to share before the holidays during these difficult times.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:
 One thing I noticed not really about the rabbit, but that the wheel chair was holding her back legs a little bit too high but anyway. I think I would have to give the rabbit a chance, if she can carry on a normal life and is happy there really isnt any point in putting the animal to sleep, right?

The back legs have to be elevated to keep them from dragging. Friction would eventually rub off the fur and flesh.

I think it is a wonderful story of perseverance and hope! A wonderful message to share before the holidays during these difficult times.

Pam

I know, they talked about this in the programme aswell as the fact it needed to be higher so she just about touch the ground with her back feet to help her walking.:)

What a cute video! I like the little "bunny cam" that was looking over her shoulder while scooting about! :)

I was wondering about her feet dragging, they look like they drag a little bit. Maybe she would benefit from little booties or something. I've seen dogs with carts that have little booties on their feet to keep them from getting raw while dragging on the ground. It looks like Ethel's feet were dragging a little bit (grinding her nails down, maybe? haha).

Overall, I think Ethel looked very happy to scoot around like that. She didn't even hesitate to frolic off! :) Kudos to her owners!

Good to see you on here, Steve! :wave:

And a caring bunny daddy too! Just one a bit shy on camera! ;)

Dublinperky wrote:
I am glad that Ethal had a caring bunny mommy to do that for her!

Aly!:)

Bunny Dads rock!

Latest posts

Back