ethans tooth???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurch_1987

Reaction score
AYLESBURY ,Buckinghamshire, , United Kingdom
ok so i've just checked ethan my youngest bun,

cuz hes not been eating or drinking,

i checked his mouth and one of his top teeth has broken ,

theres like half of it missing?

i'vefed him out of a baby bottle ,

he hated it,

i'm going to get him an appoint at the vets asap but does anyone know of a way of feeding him so hes not wiggeling and kicking??

heres a pic of his toooth has this happened to anyone elses buns???
P5070640.jpg

The teeth grow back very quickly at a rate of 1/2 inch or more per month.

I use Nutri Cal, a high cal supplement for dog/cats. It's very high in calories and only a tiny amount is needed, so you don't have to go through a big struggle when hand feeding. Not sure what comparable product you have in the UK.

Pam

Wiggles had broken her 2 top teeth due to grinding them from pain. I was terrified that this would cause her to stop eating etc. I didn't know about the molars back then :p

The bun should be eating. If there is a problem you can try to soften the pellets with some water but I think he'll be ok. Follow Pamnock's advice and get some Nutri-Cal :)

Hi we use critical care i also find a bit of mushed up banana on a spoon works well as they can lick at it, you can add the critical care to that.

I had a bun that had malocclusion and sometimes the way they ground down a tooth would snap cause it was semi meeting so wearing it thin rather than down properly.

My advice to you is to see if your vet has a machine that will burr your rabbits tooth down even and possibly get the back teeth checked for spurs (just handy while you are there) as if it is annoying your bun and they cut the tooth (with plier things) it can distort the root and cause it then to grow out of alignment.

let us know, Pam is right though it will probably have grown back and be grinding down before you know it:)

Back