Ethan doesnt want to be touched

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurch_1987

Reaction score
AYLESBURY ,Buckinghamshire, , United Kingdom
i've just got ethan back after being away for a while in prison for 10 month .

my friend was looking aftter him and now he just doesnt want to be touched at all :-(

when he was a baby he was so affectionate but now he just doesnt want to be touched at all

i would put it down to the possbile stress of having to move half way across the country and being back wit me cuz i not seen him for ages , but hes the same wit my friend who had him 2 does any one have any idea of what i could do ??

How old is Ethan? And when did he start becoming less affectionate whne your friend had him?

How does he not liked to be touched? Does he just back away? Does he bite or growl or anything?

Maybe you should just try and rebond him to you, he's probably scared and stressed like you said...Just spend some time with him and see how that goes. Like lay in the floor while he's out and give him treats and stuff. That may help.

i think hes about 1 year and about 3 months .

he looks and watches me when he in his cage but when we go to take him out he goes mad kicking really hard and cuz i si it really really hurts.

i want my little babby ethan back , i was gonna take him on a walk but too scared to kicks take him away from the house incase he kicks out real hard and rips my arms apart :-( i love him si much i just want the happy nice little ethan back

i duno wen he turned like this i just know that when i saw her pick him up he went mad too.

i've been lying on the floor and stuff with him he comes over to explore and if u make the slightest movement he's off he sprints off.

also if i let him out he just goes under the bed and refuses to come out had to move the bed so many times!!!

Hi-

Tough situation.... I know all you want to do right now is go over to him and cuddle.... but I wouldn't. :(

Take him out and then sit in the middle of his play pen/area. Take a book or something to do if it is for long periods of time, and also some goodies for Ethan. Bunnies are naturally curious, and eventually he will get used to your presence and come over to check you out. Don't make any sudden movements, just let him come to you, maybe offer a treat (but don't stick it in front of his face, let him find it). Eventually, after enough times of doing this he will start to trust you again.

This is just my advice... I was away from my Bailey at school for 7 months, and when I came back he wasn't kicking or anything, but he was bonded to the person who was taking care of him. It might take longer with Ethan, but I think it is just about building his trust in you again. Keep your chin up!

:yeahthat:

It's also best if instead of taking him out of the cage, you let him come and go from it for a little while as he pleases. If you're going to be around, either just hanging out or even doing something (like cooking, etc), and your area is bunny-proofed, just open the cage up and let him decide if he wants to leave. Bunnies are very curious, but they also need to feel comfortable. Letting him leave the cage and explore will make him more comfortable with the space than taking him out. I'd open the cage and just watch tv or read a book or something in the same room for an hour or so, and see if he decides to come out. If he does, act in the way others have said.

the thing is when i do open the cage , yea he'll come out and explore but then he will NOT go back in his cage and then have to move all the furniture around to get him out and it takes like 3-4 people to catch him its incredible!!! i think it stresses him load when we have to catch him and it stresses me too cuz he kicks my arms so so hard he rips open the scars and stiches

we went for a walk and he has been out , and he seemed to enjoy it and when i stroaked him he didnt seem to mind so much !

so thats good happt bt tht !!

Photo-0120.jpg

out on our walk !!

To get your bunny back into his cage try offering him a treat or feeding him when you want him to go back. For my bunnies, their feeding time is at night when I want them to go back into their cages. They are partial to rolled oats (Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal). I measure out one teaspoon and sprinkle it on top of their pellets when I feed them. They go crazy for it and are really excited to go back into their cages. It took about a week of slowly leading them to the cage with the bowl, but after a while they got the idea.

If you're having trouble with your bunny hiding behind furniture, you can buy wire storage cubes and hook them together with zip ties into mini fences. We block off the bottom of the couch with these because the bunnies would go under there and NEVER come out!

Here's what the product looks like:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5005200

Hope this helps! :)

yea thats a good idea !! i'l buy sumit like that at b&q

when he under the bed he won move if you say his name he jus runs off further into the corners as fat as possible hidden in all the stuff under the bed !!! its very anoying !!
o wel

Yeah, I know what you mean. On the few occasions where I absolutely needed to catch them (mine get to free-roam) immediately (going on a trip, going to the vet, etc), I had to have help. LBP's suggestion on training him to go back to his cage sounds good. Your bunny is so cute!

Back