Escaped

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunrab

Reaction score
My bunnies, one called Tangtang(10mths old) and the other Xuanxuan(4+mth old) are both males living together in a playpen. Yesterday, in the middle of the night at about 3am, tangtang was making a lot of noise and my sis decided to wake up to take a look. She went over to my rm and woke me up saying that Xuanxuan had disappeared from the playpen. I went to look at the playpen and true enough, Xuanxuan was not there, but the playpen is still in gd condition with no holes big enough for Xuanxuan to crawl out. We concluded that Xuanxuan had jump out of the playpen and went to look for him. He was found under the sofa. All the while as we are looking for Xuanxuan, tangtang was making loud thumping sound.Tangtang would stand still at a place n make a loud thumping sound with his feet then move to another place and make the sounld again continuosly. This thumping of feet however stop immediately after Xuanxuan was put back together with him.Tangtang went to smell Xuanxuan and then flop down to rest and no more thumping of feet. Everything back to normal. My question is y is tangtang thumping its feet? Is he angry/unhappy tat Xuanxuan had jump out to explore my house or is he alerting us that Xuanxuan had escaped? Or is he alerting Xuanxuan that his escape espisode had been discovered? This is the first time that Tangtang had behaved like this.

Though I've never personally heard my Bunny thump, I've read that it's your bunny letting you (or others) know that there's danger (or he/she thinks there is).

Could be that Tangtang thought Xuanxuan was in danger because he wasn't home with him like he should be. Maybe he was worried about him because he was out unsupervised. But I think it could have been a warning, like you say, to let Xuaxuan known that you guys were "onto him".

Cute. Glad to hear it stopped when Xuanxuan was back home safely. I think Tangtang must have been worried. :)

Bunrab wrote:
My bunnies, one called Tangtang(10mths old) and the other Xuanxuan(4+mth old) are both males living together in a playpen. Yesterday, in the middle of the night at about 3am, tangtang was making a lot of noise and my sis decided to wake up to take a look. She went over to my rm and woke me up saying that Xuanxuan had disappeared from the playpen. I went to look at the playpen and true enough, Xuanxuan was not there, but the playpen is still in gd condition with no holes big enough for Xuanxuan to crawl out. We concluded that Xuanxuan had jump out of the playpen and went to look for him. He was found under the sofa. All the while as we are looking for Xuanxuan, tangtang was making loud thumping sound.Tangtang would stand still at a place n make a loud thumping sound with his feet then move to another place and make the sounld again continuosly. This thumping of feet however stop immediately after Xuanxuan was put back together with him.Tangtang went to smell Xuanxuan and then flop down to rest and no more thumping of feet. Everything back to normal. My question is y is tangtang thumping its feet? Is he angry/unhappy tat Xuanxuan had jump out to explore my house or is he alerting us that Xuanxuan had escaped? Or is he alerting Xuanxuan that his escape espisode had been discovered? This is the first time that Tangtang had behaved like this.

:yeahthat

Glad tat its just a warning sign. It just show me how much tangtang cares about xuanxuan:Dbecoz every time i carry xuanxuan out, tangtang act asif he dosen care a hook about xuanxuan leaving the playpen. Maybe he neos i wont harm xuanxuan. I'm still wondering how xuanxuan managed to jump out. He was in the playpen for near 2mths and yesterday was the first time he jumps put. Somemore my playpen fence isthose with verticle bars, nothorizontal bars. Surely he cant step on the fence and jump out.Still wondering how....

You never know with these bunnies. I was told by my bunny's previous owners that her and the others in her litter had stacked their water and food dishes to escape out of their pen. Their VERY smart. Just a thought...:)

Bunrab wrote:
Glad tat its just a warning sign. It just show me how much tangtang cares about xuanxuan:Dbecoz every time i carry xuanxuan out, tangtang act asif he dosen care a hook about xuanxuan leaving the playpen. Maybe he neos i wont harm xuanxuan. I'm still wondering how xuanxuan managed to jump out. He was in the playpen for near 2mths and yesterday was the first time he jumps put. Somemore my playpen fence isthose with verticle bars, nothorizontal bars. Surely he cant step on the fence and jump out.Still wondering how....

Latest posts

Back