escaped Buck - pregnant Doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbiec

Reaction score
Hi there

My names Abbie and i have two Lionhead bunnys im new to the site and new to bunnys' all has been going well until today when there was a little problem....
My un neutured Buck (4 months) Got to my 5 month old (unneutured) Doe this morning!! to my horror he had scaled a huge door gate and the obvious happened... he did the typical fall over with grunt before i had time to seperate them. she was showing her bits off! so guessing shes pregnant now - i was hoping to wait another month or so before they breed. Any one have any thoughts on the matter?

:shock: lol thanks

She should be fine if she does kindle, as she is not dangerously young. But she might not, as 4 months is very young for a buck to breed. I remember when I bred Mini Rex I bred my 5 month old buck to a mature doe and he actually wasn't ready and she did not kindle. If yours does, she should be fine.

I agree she should be fine. Although we haven't had much luck breeding anything under 6 months that doesn't mean its impossible. If she is outside make sure she stays cool especially before and during the birthing process. If she doesn't have good luck with her first litter dont be alarmed we just rebreed after a day or two of no babies and she usually has better luck the next time.

I actually just had a 5 month old doe kindle and she did beautifully. I don't like to breed them that young but I somehow read her pedigree wrong and thought she was 6 months old. By the time she DID kindle she was right at 6 months old.

She shouldn't be in danger physically at 5 months. She may not be a great mother the firs time though, so you'll have to keep a special eye on her. At about 14 days you should be able to palpate (some people can do it much earlier) to see if she actually is pregnant.

Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back