Escape!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkiddle

Reaction score
I have Cheeto in his (my) room with a baby gate on the door. Millie is in the hallway with a baby gate on the entrance to the living room. She has a large closet, the bathroom and a little hallway to run around in. Before we got Millie, Cheeto had all this room to himself, without the baby gate on our bedroom door. Well, apparently Cheeto wanted his hallway back last night!
I heard this awful thumping sound and I freaked out. Cheeto JUMPED OVER THE GATE! This is not an ordinary baby gate; it's one of the tall ones meant for dogs that has a latching door to walk through. It's got to be 3 feet high! I'm not even sure how he did it.
I picked him up to his dismay and forced him back into the room. Millie didn't even notice. Oh and by the way, this is all at 6 in the morning! A couple of hours later, I hear another thumping sound, but it just sounded like he was doing his 500s, so I let it go. A few minutes later I hear a rustling sound in the hallway, and I'm like, no way is that just little Millie. Sure enough, he escaped again! What I thought was fighting at 8 in morning (I had only fallen asleep at around 5ish) I now realize was binkying. My head wasn't clear then, and I had dreams of both Millie and Cheeto having bloody bite marks all over them. He did it once more before I started stacking random items on top of the gate so he wouldn't try it again. The good thing is that they played all night last night; the bad part is that none of us slept!
Silly bunnies. :rollseyes

Here is video proof that a little bunny is able to jump a three foot fence.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/QlM5Zo7AqZ0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

The best part is that when I caught him he just looked at me like, Oh, hey mom. Wanna play?

And that video is crazy! Fortunately, I have towels covering the part that he can climb and I did figure out how he did it. There's a chair a few feet away and I found hay on it yesterday. I'm sure he climbed on the chair and jumped over. Needless to say, I moved the chair! And no more escapes today!

Wow! Haha thats cute! My rabbits can jump oddly high too! We have a 20 day old litter of dwarf liohead/dutch cross babies, and they can jump really high; much higher than I thought possible for little guys!:)

Latest posts

Back