Erin's Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostbusterbunny

Reaction score
Ihave6 rabbits now. First there were 2, then there were 6.Through no fault of my own, i come back off holiday to find my bunny,with 4 squirmy babies in a nest. Four weeks earlier, i came home tofind Moccah, who I'd let out in the morning, and following her, to myhorror, was Beckham (i hate the footballer.. ill explain in a bit.).And yes, he'd got her, in more than one sense of the phrase.

All of my rabbits are mutts, but imo,mutts are better :D. I'll get shot by all you Pedigree breeders outthere wont i? All rabbits, mutts or pedigree are just as special, butill always make room for a scruff anyday!

Yet, still, i was landed with yet more animals. I already had a smallguinea pig farm, but no, the rabbits felt like there werent enough ofthem, little devils. Moccha had hid them from my parents when I was inBlackpool, even though the hutch lid has to be totally lifted up tofeed her. I came to see them, and rather than expecting her looking upat me, she was looking at a furry nest.

SPLAT'S STORY
The day after, I went out to see one poor little runty bunny all on itsown, an extremely thin baby. Oh no. I had no option, let it die or trymy best to save it. I've never so much as raised a baby bird when itfell out of the tree. What was I supposed to do with a bunny?!

As i rushed about the house like a headless chicken, my friend went tothe pet shop for some baby bunny food. When I went back to check them,i opened the bed door to check the others, and thereitwas.It fell out, onto my hand. I didnt care whether it was aboy or a girl... Splat. And as soon as it had a name, i couldnt let itdown. This little, helpless baby relyed on me to feed it. And my goddid it eat. Sometimes it gave me and my mum heart attacks when it cameup her nose whenit ate too much. Sometimesitwouldnt eat.It spent the first 4 weeks in a slipper tokeepit warm. By week six,it was the same size herbrothers and sister was when they were 3 weeks old.

Here is a pic from when they were 5 weeks old :)

bunniessmall.jpg

She looks so pitiful doesnt she? Shehad no mummy to wash her, and being held by us made her furgomanky. However, by this point she was drinking 50mils a time, 4 times aday... greedy little bunny.She was hopping before she was 3weeks old!!! The others started at 5 weeks old. o_O,mummywouldnt let them outa the nest, so their legs were wobbly. The vet toldus to get splat up as soon as, helpher muscles. And my didshe move! We have a living, kitchen and backrooms joined.. with 2 stepsup and down from the back room. By week 4, she could easily get upthese stairs. We had endless fun watching her do laps around the house.She was the funniest little creature ever! She was running round thehouse, and when we brought the others in, she was showing off like mad,she could outrun all the others! By week 10 she was big enough to gooutside. She got on extraordinary well with her sister, Panface, sothat is where she lived.

This is them now :)Today, infact!

Comeaftermeanillgetya.jpg

The one on the right is Splat now,she's our biggest of the babies =) she's a fat lump too, not as fat asthe one next to her! Happy ever after! :cool:

PANFACE aka LAVENDER

She's a purdy girly. She is theone on the left in the piccy above. Well what canIsay about her? She's incredibly lazy. When she was a baby, we had themon the rug in the front room, and she didnt move an inch. She fellasleep instead. The others were bazzin round the room like their tailswere on fire. She slept..every..time..we..put..them..out. But all isnot lost! She may be a fat girlie now, but she is a very active lilmadam.

Here's a funny pic. She looks like she's just got outa bed!

Whatdoyouwant.jpg

ROCKET AND PUDDIN'

These two had quite a happy lifetogether, until they started fighting, I suppose that's bucks for you:?. They are two incredibly cheeky chaps!

RocketandPuddin.jpg

This was taken when they were only 10weeks old :cool:They were very active. They loved to runaround the garden, dig holes and eat my mum's plants :D. I blamed theeating of plants on their dad ;). Rocket is the grey and white, Puddin;the ginger and white.

Rocket is a proper thumper. Helikes carrot and he has a naughty habit of eating the guinea pig'slettuce if they've left it near the rfont of their cage. Rabbits.. Healso likes to "play" football, just like his dad. So does Pudactually... Rocket is shy compared to the others, he's not sure ofpeople and isnt keen on being held, but will happily take food offanyone who has it.

Puddin is more of an outgoingrabbit. He will come up to people, chin rub them, look at them. He is abit of a fat faced rabbit, like his dad. He is a little sweety... mostof the time. This face puts it perfectly!:nasty:pud is anipper, you cant hold him for long before he's had enough, and he feelslike he's hungry. He likes to come in the house and see what everyone'sup to.

PudPud.jpg

That was him out in the gardenbefore. He was very interested in the guinea pig that was out. He'sbeen gettin in the way while the parents are gardening.:shock:WHAT's THAT BY HIS TAIL? Oh... its only Fudge'sbottom! :D

THE PARENTS

Moccah, my lovely little lady. Shewas Beckham's baby, and consequent lover. Dont ask. Her mother is alovely lop, a monster really! She is called Cottontail and belongs tomy best friend. Moccah also has a brother, Speckle, who is just likeBeckham, but with spots, hence the name. Moccha is a big lady! She is amuscle-y beasty, when you pick her up, beware! She's a lot heavier thanshe looks! She is a very affectionate rabbit, she has a thing forguinea pigs. She lived with 2 guinea pigs, she now lives with 4. Shegets very lonely when she's away from them. Rabbits arent supposed tolive with pigs, it was temporary till we got new hutches. I'd neverseen her so upset when we took her babies (the pig babies). She hadthis mothery period before she had the kits, and it's lasted. Shethinks the guinea pigs are hers!! She makes them straw nests, makessure they all get veggies. I've never known a rabbit be so..mothery!

Mocha2.jpg
Ladies.jpg

Here she is! Isnt she cute! And those 4 are her babies!Bless her little confused head.

Beckham! Aka The Queen, Fatface, Footy-Bunny and many, many more

He is our oldest rabbit, the OAPof the bunch. He is 6 years old now, and he's showing it, poor bunny.He is a cheeky rascal, he loves eating plants, coming in the house,going upstairs. We saw him in the pet shop, when we went to get someguinea pig food. Our previous rabbit had died a couple of weeks before.But being 10, I just wanted another bunny! I went to have a look, Iwasnt allowed one, but that wasn't going to stop me looking. Hebounded out of that cage like he was so happy to see someone. I told mymum to come and look, I'd never seen such a cheeky looking bun, she hadthe same reaction i had! She loved him! We went for pig food, and leftwith a bunny. My dad wasnt convinced, but was easily won over. He gothis name because when we got home, he spotted my footy. And he nudgedit. And ran after it after it was kicked. He needed a footballer'sname. We went through so many. But Beckham was the only one that suitedhim. I dont like David Beckham, I'd have my bex anyday though! He'snever been ill, he's always been a happy, cheeky rabbit!

Beckham.jpg

Beckham- Daddy and Granddad to all ofthe above! Or as my mum calls him, the Queen, look how smug he looks!For once i agree with my mum!

And last but not least, the Family pics!!

Family.jpg

Family

MumandherLads.jpg

Mum and her Boys!

Mumandgirls.jpg

Mum and her cheeky girls!

My what a story! You have a lovely furry family. Thank you so much for sharing with us, it is such a joy to see them.

I LOVE your family. Those piggies are just adorable:D.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

No not yet, the prices for neutering doubledjust before they were born. At the moment we are being especiallycareful. When i get a job im going to save to get them neutered so theycould possibly live with/play out with the girls. I am not going to getbeckham neutered because he is far too old and i dont want to risk himwith the anaesthetic :(

Thanks for the comments! Glad you like em, they may be mutts but I think they are gorgeous =).

Oh, and beckham has a lovely face doesnt he? Its the only part he cankeep clean himself, he has athritis now and cant wash himself too well.But he LOVES boinging up and down the garden.. and chasing off theneighbourhood kitty.

there should be an icon for a head exploding.really. coz that would explain perfectly what i'm feeling. cutenessoverload. :hug: i love them.

You have just the most adorable family of bunnies I have ever seen.

Latest posts

Back