Enough of summer already.....supposed to hit 107 today!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
It's been 99 to 103 ever since July 1st....and we're supposed to be over 100 all next week too it looks like.

ENOUGH!!!!

EW! I hate the heat :grumpy:.

It is supposed to be 116 in Phoenix the next 2 days.

I'll take some of that heat here...we're stuck above the cold front and it's been cool and rainy since May. I want some hot sun!!!

UGH!! You want the heat?! Take it! I want some cool temperatures! Our heat index is going to be 115 F today. I can't take any more!!!:X

t.

Would love Summer to start. For months it's just been rain, wind, hail,water spouts, thunder and lightening with a rare nice day. Mostly in the 60s.
Then again it could be worse.

i finally got rain... it has rained all around where i live but wouldn't rain here and hasn;t rained here for almost a month... finally got rain for 20 minutes last night... was tempted to play in it but there lightning:(

I cannot stand the heat, my favourite seasons are Spring and Autumn when it is nice and windy but dry. It only ever really gets to the mid twentys here (around 77 for you). The heat just makes me feel sick, I can't eat or function with it. Plus I have a problem with getting enough fluids, I only ever drink about a glass of fluids a day. So the heat gives me head aches from dehydration.

We had about a week of really high temps (upper 90's plus humidity) here, then it cooled back into the 80's again. It's been really nice, but the temperature (and the heat index) has been creeping back up again. Ugh.

Grace, I also have problems with dehydration. I almost never feel thirsty, even when I've gone all day without a thing to drink. I only know I'm thirsty when the headache and body aches start. (Sort of like joint aches, but it feels like it's coming from the long bones of my arms and legs, and it's super painful.)
I have to force myself to drink fluids.

paul2641 wrote:
I feal sorry for ye, I can't even handle 23 degrees Celsius.
Same here, I can't take the heat. We're 13*C (55F) and I am comfortable. Tonight we may get some frost. :biggrin2:

We finally got some much needed rain. Not sure if it is enoughwater for the hay fields though. It is going to be tough getting hay from the farmers.

TinysMom wrote:
It's been 99 to 103 ever since July 1st....and we're supposed to be over 100 all next week too it looks like.

ENOUGH!!!!
:p Ew!! We had that a couple of weeks ago...when our air conditioning was broken! And now we've had a stretch of gorgeous, 75 degree weather. However, it's supposed to be scorching again within a few days...just in time for the start of the 4-H fair, wheee.

My poor Jeffrey is in Basic Training in that Texas heat. All prayers for good hydration will be appreciated!

Pet_Bunny wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
I feal sorry for ye, I can't even handle 23 degrees Celsius.
Same here, I can't take the heat. We're 13*C (55F) and I am comfortable. Tonight we may get some frost. :biggrin2:

We finally got some much needed rain. Not sure if it is enoughwater for the hay fields though. It is going to be tough getting hay from the farmers.
I was about to say the same...I'm relishing the cooler temps here! We three suffered our way through summertime in Southern California, and now that we're here, we're just soaking up all that nice cool air/weather! We're loving the rain, too...bring it on!!

To give y'all an idea...right now it's 9C (which is about 48F) here, and in Pasadena, where we used to live, it's about 70F...and it's 12:30pm!! Of course, it's an hour earlier there...but at this point in the night, does that really make much difference? LOL!

And frost tonight? Really? WOOT!

Worried about the hay situation, though...hoping that we can still get good hay...

And here in Texas - at the same time - its 89 at 1:49 am (but feels like 91).

As it turns out - it didn't make it to 107 - it only made it to 105....and our lowest temp of the day was 82.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

ENOUGH!!!!
:p Ew!! We had that a couple of weeks ago...when our air conditioning was broken! And now we've had a stretch of gorgeous, 75 degree weather. However, it's supposed to be scorching again within a few days...just in time for the start of the 4-H fair, wheee.

My poor Jeffrey is in Basic Training in that Texas heat. All prayers for good hydration will be appreciated!

Yeah - our central air is out so we're using window air conditioners.....

Oh well - we could be without those I guess....

BethM wrote:
Grace, I also have problems with dehydration. I almost never feel thirsty, even when I've gone all day without a thing to drink. I only know I'm thirsty when the headache and body aches start. (Sort of like joint aches, but it feels like it's coming from the long bones of my arms and legs, and it's super painful.)
I have to force myself to drink fluids.
Yup that is exactly me, I get what feels like a really bad 'growing pain' in my leg, a really bad restless sort of pain, I've had to get up and take pain killers from it before. My Mam is always making me drink because I never remember to. Plus headaches if I'm out in the heat.

I get really sick in the heat - especially if it's humid.

My daughter vacationed in Arizona in the spring and loved it so much that she packed up and moved to Tuscon last week.

She calls everyday and says she's bored because it's so hot she can't do anything . . .

Pam

better not look at the weather for the south west of the UK - it's raining and will probably do so tomorrow as well - not good for those in the area who rely on tourism for a living:( - luckily not me:pray:

Latest posts

Back