English Spots

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
IMG00019-20100526-0834buck.jpg

This is the Lilac buck, he's a sport, no spots on him, but his parents are winners so I'm hoping he'll at least produce something decent. He's got awesome type his breeders have told me.

IMG00018-20100526-0832doe.jpg

This is Nessa, she's a blue doe that I am getting. Another one with awesome type.

I will be picking these guys up August 7th/8th when I take a trip to Penn to trade Velveteen Lops and dutchto this breeder for her English Spots. I will also be getting a Lilac doe( I had wanted a black but she didn't have any), but she is going to be sight unseen for me. I told Cin to surprise me.

Now I have something new to learn about, I have to learn my new breed! I'm getting them, the blue doe is for show, but the non showable babies are for *other* things, the showable ones will be shown.

What do you think of them?

I'm still getting Nessa but I'm getting a different buck apparently. Cin's pulled a lilac show buck from one of her litters that is coming down instead. I still can't wait.Less than 3more weeks. :) Can't tell I'm excited, can you? I love blues and the Lilacs. I will post pictures of them as soon as I can!! We will be staying in a hotel, hopefully has free wifi and I'll bring my laptop and camera :D

:woohoo

:bunnydance:

So if I understand correctly, you're getting all dilute colors. Isn't breeding dilute to dilute bad?

Maybe it's different with english spots, though.

There's nothing wrong with breeding dilute to dilute, but you need to breed "good" dilutes together. Some breeds only come in a dilute variety (or few other colors). Blue Americans andLilacs, for example.

Toenail color isn't a concern in spots because they have white toenails.

Pam, does the solid spots have colored nails to co-inside with the color of the rabbit? I'm trying to read up on them soo much, the breeds section here, their breed website and everything.

P8070012.jpg

I know they aren't sitting right or anything, put we didn't have a grooming table or anything to sit them on, so the saddle pad from the backseat of my car on the hood of the car. This is Nessa.

P8070014.jpg

This is Spike, yes, he got himself dirty on the trip.

P8070016.jpg

This is Cindy, she's a blue, not a Lilac, named after her breeder. She's just 8 weeks old.

I will take better pictures once I get them home and let them settle and then can try to pose them a bit better. How should I pose them?

Latest posts

Back