English Spots!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
The newest addition to Shaded Night!
They've been the breed I've wanted since I joined 4H... Just never had a way to get them after I started my dwarfs. (One breed rule.)
Turns out, I somehow conned my dad into bringing home these two yesterday. unforunately, I did have to sell off one of my pregnant brood girls for less than she was worth to get the cash... But I think it was well worth it. <3

This is the little junior doe:
[align=center]Right
P7180664.jpg

Left
P7180665.jpg

Back:
P7180666.jpg

Front:
P7180667.jpg

And this is the senior buck:[/align][align=center] Left:
P7180672.jpg

Right:
P7180677.jpg

Back:
P7180674.jpg

Front:
P7180675.jpg

[/align]

They look good:)
My perants were a bit like then when I started with rabbits I still remember my mum saying no more rabbits at that stage I only had one bunny.

They are BEAUTIFUL. I am so jealous - but I've heard that English Spots can be mean.

(Tell me - how can something that cute be mean???).

Good luck with them.

X3 I've heard that dwarfs can be mean, too, but I've only run into two mean ones out of the 40+ I've been through.

These two seem to be polar opposites at the moment. The doe is sweet, and comes up to me already for pets. She doesn't mind being messed with, and doesn't tense up to bad when I'm holding her. The buck doesn't want a thing to do with me. However, the breeder said he's one of the sweetest ones she's had. So I figure time might chill him out. at the moment, if I pick him up, he either curls into a ball, or freaks out. We've already broken a toenail from simply moving him. =/

They are amazing rabbits. I made a joke earlier and called them "real rabbits" while my dwarfs are just little bunnies. XD So whimsical and pretty. LOL.

Wow I love their little faces!!!! My daughter Emma is the reason I ended up with bunnies. She was begging for one, and somehow we ended up with two (both mix breed bucks) but I fell in love, the next thing you know we have 24 (26 now with the 2 babies still in nestboxes). I love it.

Now for a possibly unpopular suggestion. I hava a buck that we bought and the breeder said he was a wonerful buck. However after a couple of days he started charging us and bit my husband, we started holding him down (gently) with a work glove while the other one rubbed him and talked to him in a low/slow voice. It took about 2 weeks but now he comes to the cage to see us(unless we open it then he plays shy) but, he lets us hold and pose him, and never tries attacking or fighting when he is being transported. He has turned into an all around sweetheart, I guess we all just had to have an adjustment period where we learned not to be frightened and he learned that we were in charge and wouldn't hurt him. Good luck with your new rabbits!!!!!

Nice!

Peg - Unfortunately, the more highstrung the Spots are, the more likely they are to be aggressive (this is true of most of the full arch breeds), but they show better than a docile Spot which may not run on the table and show off its type.

They're actually Lilacs... XD

They're quite fun so far. I feel bad about the small cages. They're both in 24 by 24s at the moment, but I'd love to have them in 36 by 30s. I'll get a couple of special cages for this project soon. 8D

Mine aren't mean at alll... Well, except for my little doe I call Lucifer, then again, she is in that teenage phase.

I think most running breeds take people with grits to show/raise them. They are a challenge but super rewarding. :hearts

Latest posts

Back