English Spot? and ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RNJ79

Reaction score
13572_011345_350000002.jpg
I had my two buns since June but am unsure what breeds they are. They are pet store bunnies. Baxter, my spot, is a doe. Tazz, my brown, is a buck and he is neutered. He has a lot of gray on him, especially his underside.

They are about 7 months old and 3-5 lbs.
new_topic.php
13572_011345_360000004.jpg
13572_011345_350000003.jpg

They look like mixed breeds. The broken color pattern is very common in many breeds and isn't necessarily indicative of English Spot ancestry.

wooly_queen wrote:
They look nothing like an English Spot to me. I think they are just very cute mix breed bunnies and one has a broken pattern. :)
I agree. But that broken one probaly has some engish spot in him - but the other no way.

Nancy McClelland wrote:
hmmmmm, I'd have to say, after a considerable amount of consideration and deliberation that they are bunnies, and cute ones at that.
Yes indeed:biggrin:

T.A Bunnies wrote:
wooly_queen wrote:
They look nothing like an English Spot to me. I think they are just very cute mix breed bunnies and one has a broken pattern. :)
I agree. But that broken one probaly has some engish spot in him - but the other no way.
The two rabbits are extremely similar in body and fur type, and the only difference in color between then is that one is broken and one is solid. English Spots can throw brokens (marked), solids (sports), and charlies, so it's a bit silly to say that just because one of the rabbits inherited the broken gene, that it may have Spot in it, but it's impossible the other one does. ;)

I definitely agree that they are most likely mixed breeds, and aside from the broken pattern (which can be found in many different breeds of bunnies), I don't see any English Spot in either of them. They are very cute though!

Latest posts

Back