English Ivy-toxic??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippie

Reaction score
Help!

For the last couple of weeks my rabbit has been munching on some of what I think is English Ivy that has been growing in my backyard. I am not 100% sure that it is English Ivy because it doesn't flower or grow berries at all. I just read that Ivy is toxic to rabbits!!!! Does anyone know how toxic English Ivy is? Surely if it were dangerous my rabbit would have shown symptoms of poisoning by now?

I had the same question way back when I was buliding the run for my Flemish Giant. I never got a clear answer. I googled my butt off trying to get an answer. Since I never got one I just ripped it all up, it was quite a chore but it got done. There are so many types of Ivy I dint even know the exact kind I had growing. I would remove it if you could to be on the safe side. You should see what I had to remove. YIKES!! I should have rented a goat to do it.

I just got a book from Amazon about weeds to go along with other plant books I have. You might want to do the same before doing a lot of weeding. Once you know the scientific names of plants you can do a search for scientific name rabbit toxic. I assume there are such books for Australia's flora.

Latest posts

Back